7th Dec : Katie McGrath

Never A Boring Christmas

Y/N pov

My wife and I were spending christmas on the farm with my parents. We were finally back in Ireland and my mum instantly hijacked the two of us. When we arrived with our bags my mum ushered Katie inside.

"Leave the bags dear." She told Katie as I raised a brow. "Y/N will take them up." She said as she led my wife through towards the living room leaving me to close the door.

"Oh hi baby. I have missed you so much." I muttered to myself as I heard my dad chuckle.

"She took your wife?" He asked me as I just glared at him.

"More like kidnapped. Unwillingly." I stated as he helped me with the bags to my old bedroom.

"Well you know she loves her." He spoke softly as I just nodded. "Also your mother has invited Katie's family too."

"Oh god. It's going to be one big family christmas. Why couldn't we stay in New York." I groaned as he laughed.

"You know your mum loves you." He said as he looked at one of my old rugby photos. "We all do. We just wish we saw you more."

"Well I am here now." I told him as I looked at the photos with him. "Wow, I remember that one."

"Yeah, that elbow to the nose completely rearranged your face." He laughed as we both looked at the picture of myself with a bloodied face.

"It was on hell of a game." I said as he patted my back.

"Come on, let's go and save your wife." He told me as we both exited my room. When we approached the living room, I saw my wife and mum in a deep conversation. When my dad approached he smirked at me.

"No. Come on mother not the photo album." I groaned as I poured myself a whiskey.

"What? You were a cute baby." She said as Katie nodded in agreement.

"Am I not cute now?" I asked them with a raised brow as my dad smirked. My mum tried to talk causing my dad to laugh as I looked to my wife.

"I think time has definitely been kind to you darling." Katie said as she approached me and kissed my cheek. "But you were a cute baby."

"There's one of them with their braces." Mum called out as Katie just ran to her.

"Just be happy they're getting along kiddo." He told me with a smile. "Your Gran and mum hate each other. Still do."

"Why?" I asked him.

"Gran never thought that she was good enough for me. She didn't care that I was in love and she made me happy. She just instantly disliked her." He told me as I watched Katie and my mum just laugh together. "Come help me in the kitchen." He said as we both walked to the kitchen. I helped him for hours as we prepared the food for all of us. "So, were are we with the whole grandkids situation?" He asked me making me choke.

"Uhm, I'm going to take out the rubbish." I said as I grabbed the tied up black bag. I opened the door and withoit realising a bat flew in.

"Y/N! SHUT THAT DAMN DOOR!" He shouted as I turned around and we saw a bat flying around the kitchen.

"Why is there a bat in here?" Mum asked as she peeked her head looking through the glass door.

"Y/N let it in!" Dad shouted as Katie and mum laughed at us both.

"You were the one who asked me an unexpected question." I said as I grabbed a towel and tried to catch it.

"It's a genuine question." He said.

"It's something that Katie and I should discuss first." I shouted as we both ran around the kitchen like lunatics.

Katie's pov

I couldn't help but giggle at the scene before us. Listening to Y/N and Y/D/N argue as they chased a bat around the kitchen. We laughed harder when Y/N squealed.

"You saw that! That fuckers homocidal." They yelled as Y/D/N jist laughed.

"Maybe we should open the door and let it out naturally." Y/D/N suggested as Y/N just glared at them. The night went on with them both arguing and chasing that damn bat until they managed to get it out.

When Y/N led me to their room to turn in for the night, I looked over their old rugby photos.

"You still think I'm cute?" They questioned as they wrapped their arms around my waist.

"You have always been cute. You were just cuter." I said as I turned around in their arms.

"Come on. Let's go to bed." They said as they kissed me softly before leading me to the bed. I instantly cuddled into them and sighed as I felt them press their lips tenderly to my head before falling into a blissful slumber.

AN

Another one guys. I hope you all enjoyed it.