Clairity

Something was touching me when I surfaced, prodding the side of my leg. There was a voice fading in and out of focus like one of those old radios.

"....-ira..."

"Ki-.....you have to..."

"Kira?....you okay?.....comeon..."

I groaned and squeezed my eyes shut tighter. My head was pounding like elephants stomping in the circus ring. I tried to roll over, maybe the voice would get the point and let me be.

"... a concussion....wake up." Something kicked my leg.

Apparently it didn't get the point. My eyes flickered open, squinting, it was so bright.

"Kira?" What? "Are you okay?" Is going on?

"Agh, It's so bright." I muttered. Moving my arm to push me up. Except it wouldn't budge. I yanked on it, and screeched as burning heat raced through my arms and sliced across my chest.

"Don't pull on them, they're electrified." Someone grumbled. Bucky. right. Caught, strangled and then strangled again. No wonder my throat was sore.

"Sorry." I mumbled. It felt necessary for me to say that. It was my fault, if I had told him, he wouldn't have followed me. He wouldn't be here in this god forsaken basement, with an electrified handcuff chaining him to the concrete.

"It's not your fault. I should have seen it. We all should have seen it." I didn't answer him.

I pulled myself up to sit against the concrete wall, my wrists cuffed and attached to a short chain that was anchored at the base of the wall. There wasn't really a comfortable way to sit with these, it was best to not stay in one position though. Bucky was chained to the adjacent wall, only his boots could reach me. He was also sitting looking angry and hollow. He watched me as I moved, favoring my left hand. He had injuries too. I could see he at least had a cut on his cheek and who knows what else.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, nothing serious. What about you?" He shifted, dragging the chains on the concrete with an ear piercing screech.

I gritted my teeth and hunched my shoulders.

"Sorry." He whispered. He stayed silent until I relaxed my shoulders and let my head fall against the wall. "Do concussions give you sensory overload?"

"Yeah." I sighed. "Usually I just wear earplugs." There was a moment of silence.

"That's him right? Your dad?" Dad. Father. Teacher. killer.

I just nod. There wasn't a point in denying it now, there was no way he hadn't already put together the pieces. Two supersoldier terrorizing the world. He didn't need to ask questions to know the answers.

His eyes roamed around the room dimly lit by one dangling yellow light. Blood stained concrete walls, with tools and every weapon imaginable on the far side, along with a cluttered table. I used to hide under that table when I was younger, for some reason I thought it was safe.

"Do you have the watch?" he whispered.

The watch. I'd forgotten about it. I checked my wrist. It was gone. "He took it. How long was I out?"

"less than five minutes." Five minutes. I felt like I should tell Bucky somehow, that there was at least a chance he could get out of this. Tell him that I hadn't betrayed him completely. But I had. And maybe they wouldn't come anyways, it's not like things were great last I saw them.

We sat for another minute in silence before the door opened and in stepped my Father. Both me and Bucky were zeroed in on him, still as statues. Bucky seemed to be enjoying this about as much as I was, though he looked more angry than I probably looked.