Inevitable

"What do you mean it's kind of fractured?!" Tony asked staring at my wrist like he didn't know what that meant.

"Is something wrong?" Steve asked coming up to us.

"No." I muttered, trying to pull my sweater further down over my wrist, looking for any kind of distraction.

Tony looked on the verge of exploding and I didn't like it. I quietly stepped out of arms reach, which unfortunately put me closer to Steve, but at least he seemed less susceptible to uncontrolled bouts of rage.

"She's injured," Tony fumed. "Again! and I'm getting grey hairs!" He ran a hand through his hair and a few notable lighter strands.

"That's just cause your old." Natasha said solidifying out of thin air. I jumped doing a 180 mid-air."What do you mean injured?"

"What's injured?" Steve asked, now focused on me, suddenly I was very aware of how close we were and how far away the door was. He noticed my glance towards it.

"It's nothing really," I mumbled. "Not really a problem at all."

Steve took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Now he's angry too. Natasha was standing just to my side and looking very impassive, one eyebrow raised. I wanted to evaporate right there on the spot, just find a new home in the shaggy rug beneath my feet.

"What's fractured?" Natasha asked.

"Noth-"

"Don't say "Nothing really"." Natasha cut me off.

"Her wrist." Tony Answered.

"It's fine!" I protest.

"Whatever," Tony said, moving even closer. "Cho will be more than happy to fix said wrist."

"It'll take fifteen minutes and it could spare you from a lifetime of osteoarthritis. You don't get a say in this one."

"Does that imply I had a say in something else?" I asked myself. Everyone gave me a weird look. Oh, god why do I always stick my foot in my mouth?

"I don't know if I should ignore that or not," Natasha said grabbing my unbroken wrist and pulling me out of the hallway and into the elevator.

"Anything else hurt?" Cho asked. As she finished wrapping my wrist in a splint.

Oh, just my ribs, my head, my back, and my knee. "Nope, just the wrist."

"How'd it happen again?"

"I misjudged a jump off a rooftop and landed wrong."

"Like the time you were skateboarding?" She asked with a slight smirk. "You know back when I was your age I spent my time studying genetic regeneration...but I also didn't have any friends."

"That's alright I still don't have any."

"You sure?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know, just seemed like might have a tower full of them. They're kind of fond of you." She pointed her tongue depressor at me, "Don't tell anyone I said that."

"Fond?"

"You know, affectionate, warm, having a liking for. They like you and I'm pretty sure they like it more when you stay uninjured."

"Well, I'm not dying. It's not really an injury."

Cho sighed. "I cannot tell you how deeply disturbing that is." I understood what she was saying in theory but for some reason, I had a hard time applying it to this picture I had. But all this chatter was nothing compared to the "talk" I got from Clint once I was done.