He smiled, not as brightly as when he was laughing. He smiled, and his cheeks turned pink– his blue eyes and the rose of his cheeks looked like a match made in heaven. Hell, I was in heaven.

"You're so beautiful, Sage." He muttered.

It was my turn to flush pink.

"And I made her blush.." He teased as he crawled off of me. He reached for a strawberry, putting it in his mouth before walking over to the cooler, and grabbing a bottle of water. I sat up, leaning on my elbows. I had never thought that watching someone drinking water could be so enthralling but here I was– mesmerized by the way he took in the way, quenching his thirst.

I hated myself for saying it but my heart was beating loudly for him. So loud that I heard it in my ears as if it were an anxiety attack. But it wasn't an anxiety attack, it was just how my body reacted whenever I was near him.

I was calm on the outside but on the inside, I was losing it.

I was having an internal battle with myself because although I gave him the second chance, my mind was screaming at my heart to make sure that I take it easy with him. But with the way that my heart was beating– I doubt that would be possible.

He stopped drinking the water, gasping for air. He still had a little bit left in the bottom of the bottle. He walked toward the sink, I was going to tell him to save the water for the plants— but I didn't even have to tell him.

I watched as he poured the leftover water into the very very very dehydrated succulent that was still alive despite me abandoning it two years ago. Watching him pour the water in that plant– was my back arching?

Jesus lord, get a hold of yourself, Sage.

I cleared my throat, standing up from my position on the couch. "Thanks for all of this."

He smiled at me. "You doubted my wooing abilities."

Rolling my eyes, I answered. "Did I doubt them?"

He was smug in his reply, "I believe you did. But if anything this should just warn you to never doubt my ability again."

I chuckled, reaching for the blanket that was strewn over the back of the couch. I wrapped myself in it before walking over to the small table, and sitting on a wooden chair. He walked over and sat across from me in the other chair.

I only had two chairs.

He was the only other person who came up here.

"I'm kind of disappointed." He expressed.

My eyes flashed to his wanting him to continue his words so my mind didn't create scenarios. But still, that didn't help. Hearing someone you like say a word that triggers you makes you create millions of scenarios. Was he disappointed in me? At this? At this moment? At us?

"Matti and Naomi never came up here– why didn't I make out with you more up here? Or cherish the time spent up here more?" He asked, his eyes scanning all over my face.

Here we go again, my face was bright red– opposite of a cool, calm, sage green. Honestly, I believe my parents should've named me violent or rose. But Blaise's name fits him perfectly, he sets me on fire every chance he gets.

"Blaise–"

He cut me off asking me a question. "Tell me something about you that you've been holding in?"

My brows drew together. "What?" I asked.

He nodded in confirmation. "Tell me everything and anything that you wanted to tell me that you didn't tell me in the letters."