𝐂𝚮𝚨𝚸𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝚴𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝚮𝐑𝐄𝐄

"I HAVE FOR THE FIRST TIME FOUND WHAT I CAN TRULY LOVE

"I HAVE FOR THE FIRST TIME FOUND WHAT I CAN TRULY LOVE. I HAVE FOUND YOU." -CHARLOTTE BRONTË

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Was it a good idea to teleport back to the lab, not knowing what the situation inside was?

Probably not, but Hazel's need to ensure her people's safety overrode her own self-preservation instincts. Especially because she could feel Barry. She could feel his worry and his despair and his fear.

She appeared in the room where their suits usually resided, and quickly remove her own, replacing it with her civilian clothing. Within less than a minute, she was making her way into the cortex, feet bare as to not alert any person who might do her harm to her presence, since the high heels she always wore were...noisy for the lack of a better word.

Before she could look around, she was tugged into a familiar chest, Barry's heart racing against her ears as he hugged her to him, whispering, "Thank god, Angel!"

"I'm alright," she promised, reaching up to press her lips to his own in a very quick kiss, "I'm perfectly fine, and so is everyone else. They're all safe and sound."

Slowly, he let her go, and she looked around, noticing that everyone was present in the Cortex. Sending both Cisco and Caitlin reassuring winks, she asked, "What'd I miss?"

"Barry wants to talk to Farooq." Dr Wells announced, his eyes remaining on her, hoping she could talk the speedster out of his plan.

Instead, Hazel turned to her boyfriend, and nodded, "Okay, I get that. But you're not going alone." Before he could interject, she raised her hand, cutting him off, and added, "And before you go off, let me remind you that out of the two of us, I'm the only one with any abilities left, and I don't think he'll be able to absorb me flinging him into a wall telekinetically. At worst, he'd just not going to move. But you're not going alone, Bear."

She could feel his reluctance, but he just nodded, knowing that nothing her could say would change her mind, knowing that had the situations been reversed, he would have done the exact same thing. So instead, he wrapped his hand around hers, their fingers interweaving, and gave her a small smile, slowly walking them out of the Cortex, to where the siphon was.

They made their way downstairs, the remainder of their items quietly following behind, coming to a silent stop right behind Farooq, who was busy absorbing more electricity to notice them immediately. It didn't last very long though, as he quickly turned around, hands raised and unnaturally light light widening as though prepared to attack.

Barry raised his as well, quickly tugging Hazel behind him, putting his shoulder between her and the threat, and saying, "Hey, whoa, whoa. Whoa, whoa, easy. We're not gonna hurt you."