𝐂𝚮𝚨𝚸𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝚴𝐈𝚴𝐄

"WE WERE TOGETHER

"WE WERE TOGETHER. I FORGET THE REST."  -WALT WHITMAN

*:・゚✧*:・゚

If Barry could be called an expert runner, then so could Hazel.

Albeit, her version of running included allot more failure than his so far, but still. After all, twenty or so years or running away from her feelings, her mother and everything related to her past must have counted for something, right?

Currently though, Haze found herself wishing she'd been able to run faster, fight harder...anything really, to escape the way her partner and speedster-in-crime made her feel. From the butterflies in her stomach that seemed to be in constant flight, to the incessant flushing of every inch of her skin whenever he looked at her, to the tremors that seemed to take over her heartbeats, Barry Allen had a hold on her, and the boy didn't even seem to be aware of it.

(He did, and he was very aware of it. After all, it was rather difficult to miss how flushed her cheeks would become, or the sliver of adoration he felt in his chest. He still didn't exactly understand how he could sometimes feel her emotions, but he knew they were hers.)

"Regular movie scale, that was a seven or an eight. Zombie movie scale, it was, like, a four, tops." The speedster was saying as they walked.

He'd invited both her and Iris out to grab dinner and see a movie, and currently, the three were walking down the sidewalk, discussing what they'd just seen.

Haze grinned lightly, her hand digging through the bucket of popcorn she was sharing with Iris, while the other woman asked jokingly, "There's a zombie movie scale?"

Barry nodded, before blabbering excitedly, "Did you know that zombies exist in nature? There's a species of fungi that infects ants, causing the ants to attack plants that can release spores which in turn infect new hosts."

"Yep." Hazel grinned, nodding along, "They're called Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, And they're creepy as all get-out."

Beside her, Iris rolled her eyes, moving in front of the two, ignoring Haze's pouting at the loss of popcorn, walking backwards as she gestured between them with a smirk, "Would you look at that, Barry Allen. We finally found you a girl who can not only keep up, but join in when you go full nerd on me."

The woman's smirk grew when she noticed Hazel's cheeks flushing, and Barry's soft smile as he stared down at her, his hand moving to the small of her back as they now stood beside one another.

Clearing her throat, Haze nudged the boy lightly with her shoulder, static electricity erupting over her skin at the contact, before turning to raise a singular brow at Iris, "I don't know, Ris. That seems like more of a problem for you, because now that you've got two nerds in your crew, how are you gonna keep up?"

"Eh," the girl shrugged lightly, moving to Haze's side, hooking her arm through her elbow, "It's lucky then that you two are the single cutest nerds I know. Keeps me in good company. Anyway..." she trailed off, smiling happily, "I'm a lot more interested in the amazing as of late."