𝐂𝚮𝚨𝚸𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝚴

"HOW CRUEL; YOUR VEINS ARE FILLED WITH ICE-WATER, AND MINE ARE BOILING

"HOW CRUEL; YOUR VEINS ARE FILLED WITH ICE-WATER, AND MINE ARE BOILING." -EMILY BRONTË

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Nearly an hour later, Hazel moved back to Barry's side, the headache she'd incurred happily numb due to the morphine Caitlin had injected her with.

The speedster wasn't fairing very well, the wound on his side now black, and showing very little to no signs of regeneration or healing.

Reaching him, she put a soft hand on his shoulder, whispering, "Hey,"

Barry looked up at her, smiling painfully, "Hey Angel. Head's better?"

"The powers of modern medicine will never cease to amaze me." She joked lightly, dropping to her knees in front of him, her fingers moving over the wound, touching it softly, making sure not to cause him anymore pain. Glancing up, her eyes found Caitlin, and she stated, "It's presenting like third-degree frostbite. His healing factor's going to be slowed until we thaw it out a little."

The doctor nodded, approaching them, Cisco, Wells and Felicity behind her, "If his cells weren't regenerating at the rate they are, his blood vessels would have frozen solid and the nerve damage would have been permanent." Her eyes moved to Barry, "You're lucky to be alive."

Hazel titled her head, wondering, "Kinetic energy renders heat."

Her words were soft, missed by everyone around her as they focused instead don what Barry was saying, not paying attention. Which worked just as well, in case her idea failed.

Inhaling deeply, she placed her hand over the wound, allowing her power to flow forth, her eyes glowing. Focusing on Barry, she felt his cells, their regeneration rapid, but not enough, and subsequently, pushed them to move faster. And even faster.

Kinetic energy, no matter how small, rendered heat.

Slowly, the blackness was pushed back, the skin on the speedster's side regaining it's normal tone, if not a little paler than usual, and Hazel blinked, her head swimming for a second, black spots dancing across her vision as she stood up.

She was met with Barry's wide eyes, which moved from her, to the injury, now healing much quicker than expected, "You...how?" He murmured.

The psionic smiled softly, taking a seat beside him, glancing at the remainder of her team, who were shooting her impressed looks, "Kinetic energy renders heat. In order to push your healing factor to work, we had to thaw the wound out, since cold and speed cancel each other out. I just forced your cells to move faster, giving off enough heat that your healing kicked in." Yawning, she leaned her head on his shoulder, eyes blinking sleepily when he wrapped an arm around her, and she finished, "Now, could someone please explain to me how Leonard Snart, a man that dropped out of high school, had enough mechanical intelligence to build an ice gun?"