42 - Vulnerability

Start from the beginning

     Last night was a night of firsts for me as well, I rarely let anyone be on top, let alone be in charge. But there was something about witnessing Megan experiencing everything firsthand that captivated me.

     Her fierce lust and untamed desire were surely traits provided by her demon side, and I couldn't fucking wait to explore it entirely. She had no idea of the things I had in mind... of how good I could make her feel now that the annoying discomfort of her first time had passed. I was starting to think we were a dangerous combination of the best kind.

     It was still bizarre to think of her as Lucifer's daughter... the hybrid herself. Well, Lucifer asked me to take care of her and that was certainly what I was doing.

     I wrapped a towel around my hips before I left the bathroom and entered my bedroom, taking a deep breath to absorb as much of her scent as I could.

     The room still smelled like sex and adding that to my very impure thoughts wasn't a good idea, especially since Megan would be way too sore for anything else. I really wondered when she would start healing quickly and being able to use her powers, if she had any. I mean, she had to be very fucking powerful and her blood was proof of it.

     I walked closer to the bed and her blonde hair was sprawled on the pillow, the black pillowcase making it seem golden. Her lips were parted as she breathed slowly and she was heavily asleep, not even moving when I softly brushed my knuckles on her rosy cheek.

     I kept the curtains closed and when I was about to grab some clothes from my closet, I felt another presence in my apartment... coming from my living room.

     And I knew exactly who it was.

     It was the last person I was expecting to see today, but I took a very deep breath and made my way out of the bedroom, closing the door behind me even though I doubted Megan would wake up either way.

     And there she was, Zoey was standing in the middle of my living room with her arms crossed over her chest and one arched eyebrow as she stared at me with the most nonchalant expression on her face.

     Callum mentioned she'd been busy taking care of the dealers in her club and I honestly forgot about her for a second, but of course I couldn't have a peaceful morning without something getting in the way.

     "I don't remember inviting you over, Z." I told her with a forced smile, stepping closer.

     "That's unfortunate." She said. "I don't remember ever inviting you to my apartment and yet you always showed up like mold that doesn't go away."

     "Ouch." I chuckled, placing my hand over my heart as dramatically as I could. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

     Her dark eyes lowered briefly and I was going to tease her about it, but her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and I followed her gaze to find four small cuts on both my arms shaped like crescent moons.

     It seemed fresh and it was standing out on my skin, even though it wasn't bleeding it was red and a bit swollen.

     It took me a minute to remember Megan's nails had dug into my arms last night, right where the marks were. It didn't hurt at all, not that I'd mind, but I thought I had healed... I remembered the worried look in her blue eyes when she saw I was bleeding but I honestly didn't pay attention.

      Until now, that is. If Zoey hadn't noticed, I wondered when I'd see them. I also wondered why the fuck I wasn't healing.

     "What happened to your arms?" Zoey asked, probably realizing it looked like nail marks when her expression turned from confused to surprised. "Where the fuck is Megan?"