I could smell his scent on the piece of clothing and I didn't like that, let alone how naturally comfortable she seemed to be about this.  

      "I thought you backed out." I spoke up, clearly scaring the shit out of her because her heart started racing and her blue eyes were wide when she looked at me.

     "No, I'm ready." She cleared her throat and pretended I didn't startle her, crossing her arms over her chest when she took a step closer. "Sorry to disappoint."

     "Never." I smirked, but she was still glaring at me with a cute pout on her full lips. "Look, I was a bit of an asshole earlier."

     I stepped closer to her, looking down to hold her gaze while she tilted her head back. Her confidence could sometimes mask how short she was, but it was adorable how she actually didn't seem intimidated at all tonight.

     "Is that your version of an apology?" She asked, raising one eyebrow.

     "Maybe." I smiled, holding her chin gently and leaning my face closer.

     My touch instantly got a reaction from her, Megan's heart was beating faster again and her cheeks turned a soft shade of pink. I also noticed her lips briefly parted before she pressed her mouth into a thin line, almost as if she was reprimanding herself for her body's response.

     "You suck at apologies then." She said. "But I'm glad you're self-aware."

     "Why, thank you." I smiled, this time letting go of her chin and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'd like to continue where we left off, though. I'll even let you pick the time and place so you don't accuse me of distracting you again."

     "How about you stop using sex to distract me at all when we have more important matters to discuss?" Her question and serious tone surprised me, I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

     "We haven't fucked yet, Meg." I whispered, making sure to emphasize the word 'yet'. "But okay, I'll do my best. Deal then?"

     She shook her head but I could see she was trying to hide a smile, sinking her teeth into her tempting lower lip. I could sense she wasn't angry at me anymore, but knowing myself I'd definitely do something to piss her off again... soon.

     I had to enjoy it while things seemed to be normal again.

     "I'll think about it." Megan said at last. "I'm not so sure you deserve it."

     "You definitely deserve it though." I winked, watching as her cheeks turned redder in response. "You know I can make it up to you."

     Our main disagreement regarded our individual priorities, and I can surely say my priority was hearing Megan moaning my name again.

     I had a feeling that we both liked to use each other as distractions amid our chaotic lives, especially since it was a different kind of excitement for us. Megan was relishing real emotions for the first time and having fun, while I was finally managing to satisfy what first seemed to be an insatiable hunger inside me.

     It was just hard to keep up with which distractions were welcome and which she didn't appreciate.

     Megan liked to be involved in what was going on and I bet it was because it gave her some sense of control over her life, especially since she missed twenty-five years by being asleep.

     But I had to be extra careful now, Lucifer gave me clear orders and I had to follow. I would share only the necessary, giving her just enough to make it seem like I had nothing to hide.