Getting Back To Normal

Start from the beginning

"I like green, but I do wear a lot of blue don't I." I saw him smirk, "But that's because of my dad, that was his favorite color."

"Was?"

"Yeah, " I looked over at him and stopped under a sewer lid to look at my necklace and the tags on it. "When I was eight me and my dad were driving home when we were hit by a garbage truck. My dad died on impact and I was made deaf."

"Yous' wasn't born deaf?"

I shook my head, "Nah, I was hurt pretty bad and my brain got knocked around pretty hard, so now I'm deaf! Tada!"

He tilted his head, "I'm sorry about yer dad."

"Yeah me too but, I still have a piece of him with me, see?" I handed Raph my necklace and he looked at the tags.

"He was on the police force," I smiled remembering his favorite quote, "He use to tell us all the time 'Today Is for Tomorrow. So live don't just survive."

"He sounds like a good man." Raph smiled, "Is that Cocoas tag?" I nodded he tilted his head, "What about this one?" I saw that he was pointing to a charred and tarnished tag. Anger grew inside me, "Someone who should still be here." I looked away from it and clenched my fists beside me.

"Lilly?" I flinched ready for the question that didn't come, "Here, sorry." Raph said and handed that tags back.

I shook my, "No Raph, thank you for listening. I'm sorry I got upset." He nodded his head and we continued to my apartment. When we got there he helped me up to my window. I stepped over the waist high seal and set my bag down and turned back to Raph.

"Hey is anyone else home?" confused I shook my head, "Good now I can see if it's safe."

"What?!" But he was already in side, "Umm, oh-kay come right in?" Raph started to look for 'suspicious' things as he put it, I think he was just looking for an excuse to not be bored. I rolled my eyes at him and went to get a glass of water as he looked in the hall closet. I put the glass in the sink and saw a note on the counter top.

I started to read it and walked towards Raph. 'Lilly, I just wanted to let you know that I won't be back home until 3 am tonight. Before I left though I broke a glass, I think I got all of it but just be careful wher—-' I stepped on something sharp and yelped jumping away I slipped on the tile.

I closed my eyes and waited for the floor to say hi to me, when I was caught. I peaked and saw Raph, "Sheesh Lilly! What the heck happened?" He put an arm under my knees and carried me to the couch. A piece of glass about half the size of my pinkie was sticking out of my heel.

"The first aid box is in the closet, can you go get it?"

He brought the box back, "I'm going to take the glass out-"

I cut him off, "Not until you wash your hands!"

"What?!"

"You heard me, safety first." I mean we were just in the sewers.

"Darn picky woman!" He grumbled and came back a minuet later. He sat down on the other end of the couch and put my foot in his lap. "Ready?"

"Yeah—-ow-ow-ow-OW!" He pulled it out and then my ruined sock off, "Wow yous' have tiny feet!" He smirked, "Good thing the cut wasn't that big."

I rolled my eyes as he put a band-aid on, "Aww. Thanks Raph." Hopefully with a lot a sarcasm in my words. He went to put the things away, I got up and walked to the other closet, limping with my tip toes. I reached in and grabbed a small hand held vacuum.