𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓘𝓘𝓘

Start from the beginning

Eren interjected, his voice tinged with a hint of frustration. 

" That's because even now, when that powerful foe has our backs against a wall, it's hard to say that humanity is united". Eren said, expressing the harsh reality of our current situation.

Pixis nodded in agreement, acknowledging the truth in Eren's words. 

" True. That certainly needs to change. Otherwise, it'll be difficult to continue fighting". Pixis remarked, his voice filled with a mix of determination and concern.

We continued our walk, we passed soldiers of the Garrison who were preparing for the upcoming battle. Amidst the chaos, I caught sight of Hannes, a familiar face that brought a sense of relief. I smiled warmly as our eyes met, silently communicating our shared relief at seeing each other alive and well.

Eren, however, seemed less pleased by the distraction. He cast an annoyed glance at Hannes and pointed sternly toward the ground, reminding him to focus on his duties. I couldn't help but stifle a laugh.

Feeling a surge of affection, I reached out and gently took Eren's hand, offering a moment of reassurance. Hannes had every right to worry, even if only for a few fleeting seconds. Eren's cheeks flushed slightly, and I released his hand as Pixis turned his attention back to us.

" Care for a swig ?". Pixis asked, offering his flask.

I politely declined, shaking my head," No, thank you". I replied, knowing my limits.

Eren, however, accepted the offer eagerly, his determination shining through. With a confident demeanor, he took the flask and brought it to his lips, taking a long swig. But as the liquid hit his tongue, regret flashed in his eyes. In a matter of seconds, he spat out the alcohol, his face contorting in distaste.

I burst into laughter, unable to contain myself, before quickly covering my mouth. Oh, how I would relish reminding him of this moment once our mission was complete.

We heard more and more soldiers stirring down the wall or even at the top of it, and I looked at the Commander with concern etched on my face.

" Sir, I don't mean to be rude, but you have to tell them something. We can't afford to have an internal battle when we have so much on our plates already". I stated, my voice filled with urgency.

" You're right. Wait here beside soldiers Jarnach, Dietrich, and Brzenska". Pixis ordered, his voice carrying a sense of authority.

I nodded, acknowledging his command, before joining the three soldiers and saluting them.

" Sorry to disturb you, but the Commander asked me to wait here". I told them respectfully, trying to keep the atmosphere calm amidst the tension.

" It's fine, Potter". Ian said with a gentle smile, his words offering a hint of reassurance.

There was a slight silence before someone finally spoke up, breaking the tension that hung in the air.

" So you're the witch ?". A soldier inquired, curiosity tinged with skepticism in his voice.

I raised an eyebrow to look at the soldier who had just asked me this question, surprised by his bluntness.

" Mitabi !". Ian scolded him, his tone firm.

" You say that as if it were a bad thing. But where I come from, wizards are very respected, and they are the ones who help the magical and non-magical world alike in case of an attack. I don't appreciate your condescending tone, sir. 

Having magic is my greatest pride. And I intend to continue to help all of you, with or without my magic. That's why I became a soldier. After all, I never needed magic to end up where I did at the end of my training". I explained, my voice firm but composed.