Yui Fuyumi

This

This ... is Yui Fuyumi ... the original female protagonist of my Persona 4 Mysterious Mist fanfiction .

Why does she look so angry ? Probably because I messed up her shading :')

I mean it's fine around the neck and in her head , but the forehead and the space between the strands of her hair look rough , and at the moment I don't know how to make it better . Actually , now that I watched my speedpaint process , I can definitely tell that Yui Fuyumi was beyond my level at this point ... I mean I was excited to draw her for my readers who have been following my stories, but I think I should have waited a bit more ...

The hair gave me the most trouble here , I didn't want to stray too far of portraits at this point , but at the same time I wasn't sure how to convey that a girl has her hair in a ponytail if she's looking at the screen directly. I did see drawings of characters with ponytails and they made the tie visible at the top of the head , but those were high ponytail , Yui's ponytail is on the same level as her eyes , so there was no way I could show that with her looking directly at me . I had the idea of her having a big ribbon with which she ties her hair , but I feared that I wouldn't be able to express that within the space that I planned ... yeah , drawing this was suffering .

This is also the first time I drew eyes and clothes , for the previous drawings I cheated and made the eyes closed and the clothes a bland nightgown below a blanket . I think the eyes turned out fine here , I'm especially happy that they're symmetrically sound for the most part, because I hear that many artists struggle with this . Maybe I lucked out this time , but they somehow turned out okay . As for the clothes , I think they're okay , the frame was too small once again ( I need to keep it in mind next time ) , but this is the school uniform of Persona 4 in case you were wondering .

So all in all : the facial expression , eyes and clothes are great in my opinion , but the shading and the haircut are terrible and I'm definitely not ready for such a complex character to draw . What do you think ? Did this turn out okay ? And for the readers of my book I want to ask : how do you feel to finally see her in person ? What do you think of her appearance ?

Hope you liked what you saw here , and stay safe