Chapter 24

BRAD’S POV

I woke up the next morning feeling like I just had the best sex of my life! Wait, I did! I rolled over in my bed and placed my arm out to touch Whitney. I felt nothing but my sheets. I opened my eyes and saw that I was alone. Where had she gone?

I rolled onto my back and sat up. I called Whitney’s name and a few seconds later she walked into my room carrying a tray of food. I glance at the clock and see it is well after ten o’clock.

Whitney brings the tray to me and places it in my lap. She leans down and places a kiss on my lips.

“I hope you don’t mind but I took Maddie to school.” she tells me.

“Of course not. Thank you for doing that.”

She nods and gets back into bed next to me. She cuddles against me as I begin to eat the pancakes, sausage, grits and scrambled eggs.

“I was thinking we should have the funeral this Sunday and I think we should tell Maddie about my mom’s death.” she states while laying her head on my shoulder.

I nod. “Yeah that sounds good. After we pick up the checks today we’ll head to the bank, start a college fund for Maddie and then head to the funeral home.”

“Okay.” she sighs and rolls over off me.

I watch her out of the corner of my eye as she turns on the lamp. She then flips on the TV and tunes into Jerry Springer.

“I can’t believe you watch this crap.” I scoff around a mouth full of eggs.

She giggles. “It’s just entertainment.”

“Crap.” I repeat about the show.

She laughs again and when I’m done eating she stakes the tray and leaves the room. I get out of bed and head to my dresser. I pull out a clean pair of boxers and pull them up my legs. I go out and head into the kitchen. I watch Whitney clean up the dishes and I lean against the entrance.

She turns her head slightly and looks at me. She throws me a smile and wipes her hand on a dry cloth when she’s done. She walks up to me and places a kiss on my lips when she’s before me.

“We should get dressed and head down to the insurance company.” I tell her when she pulls back.

She nods and grabs my hand, pulling me toward the back. “No need to waste water on separate showers.” She throws a smile over her shoulder at me.

We enter the master bathroom and Whitney starts the water for a shower. We undress and get into the stall. Whitney immediately starts kissing me as the water hits out bodies.

“Hmmm, baby we need to get clean so we can head out.” I moan against her lips.