Chapter 9

HILARY’S POV

I heard Brad calling my name but I kept walking to the bathroom. I entered it and saw my daughter cleaning a mess of food off her black dress. She is so focused on her task that she doesn’t notice me.

I watch her finish cleaning her dress and then she places hands on the counter and drops head. Her hair falls down the side of her face blocking my view. I move to her and push her hair away.

She gasps and jerks away from me. She then looks up and our eyes meet. Her mouth drops and my eyes well up with tears.

“Mom?” she whispers before covering her mouth.

I reach out to hug her and I am surprised that she lets me take her in my arms. She cries against my shoulder and I cry as I place my hand on the back of her head, gently caressing a few strands.

“Oh my baby.” I cry while rocking her in my arms.

I feel her arms wrap around my waist and I smile at having my baby back in my arms.

“Mommy, I’ve missed you so much.” she cries.

“You have no idea how much I’ve missed you.” I cry. “I am so sorry about what your father did to you and I want you know I divorced him four years ago.”

She jerks back from me. “You divorced daddy?” she asks in shock.

“Baby, I should’ve left him when he made you leave our home at eight months pregnant. I should’ve left him when he forced you to give my grandbaby up for adoption.”

I see her face contort in shock. “Mommy, do you know that Brad has my baby? He’s been raising her.”

She smiles. “I know; in fact there are a lot of things that we need to talk about. Can you come to my house tomorrow so we can talk?”

She nods. “Oh, you met my fiancée a few days ago…”

My eyes widen at her words. “You’re getting married?”

She nods once again.  “He’s thinking of hiring you as our wedding planner.”

“Oh, I would love to plan your wedding!” I exclaim and hug her again.

We pull apart and I tell her that I’m having dinner with Brad and Maddie.

“Wait, you know Maddie is my baby right?”

I nod. “Yeah, that’s why I want you to come to my house so we talk.”

Whitney grabs my arms tightly. “Mommy, you have to help me get my baby. It’s been ten years and I’ve been robbed of so much! Please, you understand don’t you?”

Secrets of Silver Springsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें