chapter 7.

hongjoong's happiness for it being the weekend was short-lived. he started to remember what happened yesterday— he felt tons of emotions, but the strongest one present in his mind at the moment was a disappointment. he was disappointed in himself for letting seonghwa see him like that, and he was disappointed in himself for worrying the older. i hope he'll let me make it up to him...

seonghwa returned from the bathroom, dressed in baggy blue jeans and a lilac tinted sweater; he looked as if he was going somewhere. he immediately met hongjoong's eyes, and with that, a smile formed on the taller's face.

"hey joong! how are you feeling?" seonghwa asks as he approached hongjoong's bed, sighting by the end of it. "i'm fine, i just feel exhausted. i'm sorry for yesterday... i didn't mention it to you because i didn't think that would happen again. it's a really bad habit of mine, but i made a promise with sannie that i would work on it..." the younger male trailed off as he looked down at his cold hands, "but as you can see, i'm not doing such a good job," he sarcastically chuckled. this hurt to experience for seonghwa. he hated seeing hongjoong look so broken, all he wanted to do was cuddle him and tell him he was doing amazing.

he considered canceling the plans that sungjoon made for them.

"there's no need to apologize to me hongjoong. we all have our own problems and habits that are hard to fix... it'd be hypocritical of me to look down on you for that. now, are you hungry? and do you want me to stay here to look after you?" seonghwa gave enlightening words to the upset male, hoping it would cheer him up just a little at the very least. hongjoong looked up slowly at seonghwa, and was hesitant to speak— as if he was scared to answer. however, he did after a few seconds of thinking. "if you wouldn't mind... it would be nice if you could stay... usually san and wooyoung stay with me when this happens, but i haven't told them; i don't want to make them mad," hongjoong paused.

he remembered the last time this happened— it was during their break. hongjoong had worked himself sick one night, trying to work on a song he had composed. he had just felt like something was missing, but he just couldn't find out what it was. it wasn't until 2 am that he finished the song, which led him to call san— the younger had told hongjoong that he would pick him up once he finished so the trio could hang out together. san noticed something was off in hongjoong's voice, and when he made it inside the shorter's house, he confirmed his suspicions when he found hongjoong passed out on the living room floor.

when hongjoong woke up, all he saw was an angry san. he knew he was mad out of worry (and because hongjoong broke their promise yet again), but it only made him feel worse.

that's why he was fond of the fact that seonghwa approached the situation carefully. i really adore you for that, seonghwa, he thought to himself.

"but if you have plans, please don't worry about me. you look like you got dressed for something... i don't wanna ruin your day."

"it's okay joong, i'll happily cancel the plans i had to take care of you!" seonghwa beamed with joy, partially because he was happy hongjoong agreed, and partially because he now didn't have to see sungjoon today.

as the overjoyed male typed away on his phone to tell sungjoon an excuse, hongjoong lay down, doing nothing but admiring the other. he truly enjoyed looking at him; seonghwa looked like a beautiful art piece to him. his features were soft yet accentuated at the same time, and his skin was satisfyingly smooth and honey-like. why is this man not a model? i'd buy every single magazine with his face on it without any hesitation... hongjoong was snapped out of his thoughts when he saw seonghwa rise from the bed and into the kitchen. he began to prepare breakfast for the both of them. he decided on making omelettes, as it was simple yet filling— he wanted to make sure hongjoong at well.

in the meantime, hongjoong slowly got up and walked into the bathroom. he let seonghwa know that he was going to freshen up a bit, which included taking a shower. the older male jokingly asked if hongjoong needed help doing the task, to which the younger responded with a loud, immediate 'NO!' and stormed straight into the bathroom. his face was as red as a tomato, and seonghwa giggled as he noticed. he's so cute when he's flushed, seonghwa thought to himself as he turned the stovetop on.

—————

soon enough, seonghwa finished the omelettes as hongjoong exited the bathroom— he was dressed in a simple black top and white sweatpants, but seonghwa couldn't help but think he was the finest person he's ever seen with that outfit. you have a boyfriend, seonghwa! he kept trying to use this to convince himself to stop thinking about hongjoong. we all know it wasn't working.

seonghwa looked up at the tiny male who sat at their small table before he sat the two plates in front of each chair. he sat down, though not breaking eye contact with the latter, before speaking. "i hope you like it joong. i tried to make something that would make you feel better..." seonghwa trailed off as he saw hongjoong's bright smile slowly spread across his beautiful face. seonghwa loved the way his eyes turned into cute crescents when he smiled, it's the cutest ever, he thought in awe. "thank you for the meal hwa! i don't know how i can make this up to you... you truly made my day," hongjoong pouted, almost in a pleading way.

the two sat in mostly silence, but it was a comfortable one. whenever words were spoken, it was usually just about how delicious hongjoong found seonghwa's food— the other male truly had a talent for cooking.

once they were both finished with their meals, seonghwa put the dishes in their small sink as hongjoong went over to his desk— for what seonghwa assumed was to finish his report. the older male sent hongjoong a slight glare, but he wouldn't be too harsh on him since he had faith the younger wouldn't overwork himself sick this time. hongjoong was almost done with the report anyway.

—————

hours passed and hongjoong had caught up with all of his current assignments; he wasn't flooded with work as it was only their first week. the duo now sat cuddled with each other; they were watching despicable me 2 on seonghwa's laptop (mainly because hongjoong had told the other that he loved minions). seonghwa was worried about them being in such close proximity at first; what if sungjoon finds out? that thought was later debunked by his own reasoning though, as he concluded there was quite literally no way for sungjoon to know about this. plus, friends can cuddle with each other right? it wasn't abnormal. especially when the two doing so had strong feelings for each other. it definitely wasn't anything out of the blue.

but the only incorrect thing about that is that it certainly was.

hongjoong was extremely thankful that there was no light other than the computer screen, or else seonghwa would've seen the deep blush hongjoong acquired from nearly sitting on top of the other male; their beds were only so big after all.

what hongjoong didn't know is that seonghwa was thankful for the exact same thing— hell, his blush may have even been a deeper red tint than hongjoong's.

—————

i hope u all enjoyed this chapter !! i tried to make it mostly fluff, i know i haven't really given a solid seongjoong moment in this book yet; so here u are !! 💗💗

— iya 🌼