9.

Aryan

I opened my eyes and blinked against the morning sunlight intruding upon my sleep. My body ached. I was tired to the bone. I rolled over and stretched, feeling the emptiness of the bed around me. She was gone.

There was a knock at the door. I threw the sheets back and grabbed my jeans from the floor. I pulled them on and closed the distance to the door in three strides, thrusting it open where it slammed against the wall, the handle burying into the plasterboard.

"What?" I snapped angrily at the figure standing before me. The bright light of the day streamed into my room from behind them. I covered my eyes against the glare.

"The Council, Alpha Aryan," my Beta, Willem, responded. "It begins at nine."

"What time is it?" I groaned. A day full of meetings was the last thing I felt like, especially after last night.

"Eight forty, sir."

I sighed and grabbed my shirt. She had torn it and ruined it in the throes of passion. Niði growled softly at the memory. I found another shirt and went to pull it on.

"You may want to shower first, sir." Willem said, with a slightly embarrassed grimace. "Her scent is all over you."

Of course it is, Niði replied in my mind and I smiled at my wolfs contentment.

He replayed the night for me, as I showered.

We were tearing clothes from each others bodies, the moment we had made it inside the apartment, away from the prying eyes of my fathers old Beta and Gamma, who followed me everywhere, always reporting back to him. Once inside the apartment  we were free. I lifted her dress, pulled her panties to the side, tasting her as she moaned against me. Her scent, her taste, was heaven.

"Your stubble," she gasped and I knew it was a bit much for such a sensitive area.

I pulled back, "I can stop," I smirked as Niði protested against me. In response, she wound her fingers though my hair and pulled my face back to her, none too gently. I chuckled against her and pulled her underwear down for better access, tossing them to the side. I circled her clit with my tongue as she moaned, revelling in the taste of her against my lips. The sound of her pleasure sent Niði into overdrive. I wasn't gentle with her, and she was gasping and clawing at the walls and my face as she came undone against my mouth.

Carrying her to the bed and dropping her against the soft mattress, ravishing her body in a way that was almost entirely out of my control. I had to hold Niði back. He wanted instant release. I wanted to make the night last.

I shut the shower off, drying myself. Niði whimpered, missing her scent.

I know, I told him. Me too.

I didn't feel her wolf. He confessed. Maybe she hasn't shifted yet.

It's the only plausible reason, I agreed.

***

Niði and I sat impatiently through meeting after meeting; none of which I could really be bothered listening to today. The redefinition of borders for neighbouring packs, the hunt for rogues that were biting humans, and the budget. Of course Bradford wanted to discuss the fucking budget. And boy did he go on and on. Niði kept reliving scenes from last night, distracting me further from the task at hand.

As the day finally drew to a close, I went back to the tavern... Perhaps she would be there. But as soon as we entered the door, it was quite clear she was not.

I can't smell her. Niði said sadly.

 I could feel her absence in a way I had never felt I before. I felt strangely alone... Empty.

We could have someone else. I suggested half-heartedly.

I don't want anyone else.

Neither do I. I admitted with resignation. I guess it's just the whiskey tonight.