027-Small Filler

My dear reader, I wish I was telling you the truth when I said that this ended well.

But I don't want to lie to you.

"Kit?" I asked running up to the man and hugging him. "I can't believe it's you!"

He hugged back and assured me that it really was him. Adding a sarcastic "Wow, you've definitely grown up a bit."

Him and I both knew he was only joking, especially since I'm only about 5'2-3 and have been that way since about middle school to early high-school years (true irl).

"What are you doing up here?" I asked him and held Archer at my side, making sure he was still with me.

"Ah I wanted to try living in the U.S for once. I decided that out here would be the best place for me to stay while still maintaining that celebrity lifestyle. You get what I mean?"

"Sort of." I shrugged. I look down and Archer and nudge him. "Kit, this is my son Archer. Archer this is one of mommy's best friends, say hi to him please."

"Hello Kit.." he smiles and shakes his hand. "Are you going to be my new daddy?" He asked not hesitating.

Needless to say my British friend was baffled at the fact that my son would ask this. I was too.

"Archer! You can't just go around asking men if they're going to be your father!" I scolded him.

"Well you and daddy are fighting. That's why we walked out, right?" My son questioned staring at me.

I look down at him, has he really payed attention? "Archer hun..." I say bending to his level. "You do know Seth isn't your biological father right?"

He nodded.

"Seth isn't really your daddy...he was just replacing your real daddy because...well...because he didn't want anything to do with me..." I frown. "And...that put a lot of pressure and stress on mommy. But, mommy is lucky that you were born a safe and healthy baby..."

"Okay mommy, I'm really hungry. Can I have a snack please? I saw the ghost marchmells in there." Archer says asking for the ghost marshmallows.

I stand back up and dust off my pants.

"Why don't you two come inside?" Kit asked, helping with the bags and not taking no for an answer.