020- Doctors

⚠️ WARNING: LONG CHAPTER!!!⚠️

Some time has passed since Seth's proposal.

The three of us were living happily in the apartment together. (Me him and archer)

My mother still comes over everyday to homeschool him, which I'm grateful for because she doesn't live too far.

She was currently here schooling him while I was just finishing reading a book.

I finished chapter 28 and discovered that was the end of the book. Quite hilarious but all the heavy reading was toward the end.

I walk into the kitchen to grab a water bottle and stand watching the two at the table. She was helping him write his letters and making them into words.

Seth, my mom, and I have been talking about finishing out this year and then next year sending him to a public school for first grade. He would be at the same school my sister is. I was sort of iffy on the subject though.

My stomach started to hurt, and I had a headache. I walked to the bathroom, phone and water in hand.

After grabbing two pills from the medicine cabinet with ease, I scarf them down along with my water.

The pain didn't stop which I thought was strange. Typically my pain settles almost instantly. (True story)

I walk into archers room and settle myself into the jumbo bean bag while dialing a phone number.

Please pick up! Please pick up!

"Hello?" The voice answered.

"Tara! Thank goodness you answered!" I sighed, happy.

"What's wrong? Do I need to chop off someone's eggplant?"

"No!" I defended. "Are you busy?"

"No, why? What's wrong love?"

I explain to her the pain I've been having the past few days, including the intensity.

She's a little suspicious but asks if I want her to go to the doctors with me.

"Oh would you? I would feel much safer than going alone."

"Where's Seth? Cant he take you or go with you? Not that I don't mind of course!" She asked.

"Seth's with Nate right now." I answer back.

"Alright, want to meet at the doctors or want to just drive and get me or me get you or what we doin sistah?"

"If you want I'll come get you? It's only a 5 minute drive probably. You're in the same complex as us."

"Alright then sounds like a plan see you soon!" She chimes then hangs up.

I slip on my comfy shoes and grab a light jacket.

"Mom I'm going to go pick up Tara! Make sure Archer is on his best behavior. Alright?"

"Of course honey you guys have fun now! Now Archer..." I hear my mom say as I close the door.

I get in my car and drive over to Tara.

She gets in the car and greets me " sup garden hose!"

"Garden hose?" I question driving off.

"Yeah. The appliance. Garden hose?"

"I know what a garden hose is!" I laugh. "Why garden hose is what I'm asking?"

"Ohhh! It's because sometimes you get a little mad when people call you curse words so I changed it so that we both still have our fun!" She smiled laughing and turning up the volume.

Harry Styles was playing on the radio.

"Tara!"

"On it!" She responds, turning the volume higher as I roll down the windows.

Hey, I know my pain but Harry styles helps heal the soul man.

"AS IT WAS!" We shouted

The song soon ended, Tara and I sad. We turn down the volume again and roll up the windows.

The radio host going on about Harry Styles tours in our area.

"Tara we have to go!" I say pulling into the doctors office.

"Didn't you hear the dates tho?"

"Yea their like 9 months from now it's okay. We got time and money!"

"Yea but if you...then we might not cos your...at the show...we'd have to leave Harry Styles."

"Tara. You're lucky you're beautiful."

We laugh and walk inside.

"Hello do you have an appointment?" The woman at the reception desk asked.

"No, this is sort of a last minute decision to come but this is the doctor I typically come to."

"Alright." She types up into the computer.

She asked for some of my information.

We sit down for about 10 minutes until a assistant calls out my name, Tara following.

She tells us to sit down and that the doctor will be with us soon.

The doctor comes almost right away, announcing himself as Dr. Richard Madden.

He shakes our hands and asked my problems and concerns.

"How long has this been going on?"

"A few weeks, sir." I answer to his question.

"Well sounds to me like I know what's happening, but it could be too soon to tell." He writes on his clipboard.

"What do you mean sir?"

"Mrs..Borden..is it? Do you think that you could be...pregnant?"

"Um..I mean a few weeks ago there was some...things going on."

"Alright here what I want from you."

I want you to go to your nearest Walgreens, drug store, or any store that sells pregnancy tests. I want you to buy 2 packs, and each box has 2 test sticks. Use one box today. Come back in two weeks with the other two and we'll get that second opinion. Sound good?" He asked.

He spoke a little too fast for my liking but I understood.

"Yes sir. I will do that. But also one more thing if I must...I'm not quite mrs yet. I just went ahead and updated my information while I was here, that will be the new name I take on."

"Of course. Now here this is, and remember my instructions." He hands me a slip with my next appointment date.

__________________

Hey guys sorry wow that was super long over 900 words that's for sure. I believe like 960 something not including this note.

Anyway I hope you don't mind it being long. I decided to cut it there before it got longer.

Next chapter will be more but not as long.