STILL A MYSTERY

While science is renovating the world with technological and social advancements, there are still some questions which are still to be answered.

I had gone through this incident about 4 years ago.

It was night of june, so obviously a long, dark night where there was no sound of chirping sparrows, no melodious songs of heartthrob birds, no light at all and only deep darkness.

I was sleeping beside my mom, clock showed up the time of 3:00 AM which is believed to be the time of devil. Though I'm science student, so I don't believe in this kind of things. And at that hour of day, one of my friends named "windy" texted me.

I opened my eyes in frustration to look at the notification corner. I was not surprised to look at her name in message section because she always disturbs my sleep by sending weird memes or flop pranks.

But that day, she sent a voice-mail. I attached headphones to my mobile to listen to her recording while deep down I knew that it's surely some kind of prank but still I don't wanted to make her sad by ignoring the message.

As I started listening it, very disturbing screams attracted my attention.

I tried to listen it carefully with my eyes closed and the thing I was expecting afraid of, turned to be true. The screams I was listening was of windy, my friend.

I quickly got up from my bed and called her. But on the other side of phone, I was only able to hear mischievous laugh, very mischievous. That scares my shit out. I felt like someone snatched my voice.

After some seconds, I came back to my senses and tried to make my mom awake. But she was not answering me. So I gathered my strength and grab the car keys to reach Windy's house. As I was about to leave the house, my mom yelled "take care, honey". I quickly replied with okay and thought to talk to her before leaving for Windy's house but I was really tensed so I dropped the idea.

I started driving and reached her house within 35 minutes. I was scared so I came out of my car trembling, shaky hands. As soon as i reached her doorsteps, I panickly called her name but no one answered. Then I tried to rang the bell, but unfortunately it was not working.

I just freaked out and started to look for windows to get in. Luckily, one of the wall side windows was broken. So I just took a peek inside. It was all dark inside.

Suddenly I felt like someone put his cold hand on my bare shoulder. I quickly turned to that side. It was my friend, windy. I hugged her as soon as her eyes met mine.

She started laughing heavily and cupped my cheeks.

I stared at her for a while. My expressions were both concerned and confused at same time. I was going to say something but suddenly one of our friends popped in the scene and screamed "Happy birthday to youuu dummy"

"You scared me!!" I said while getting shocked.

Then rest of our friends came and wished me. I sighed in relief understanding the situation. Then I scolded them for startling me. They chucked at my cute anger and apologized.

After 5 minutes we started celebrating and we lost in our magical world.

Just after 1 hour, I got a call from my neighbors who told me that "come home as soon as possible...your mom passed away" hearing this, my heartbeat got flinched for a second.

I rushed to my home, being a crying mess. I asked my neighbors about my mom when I reached my destination.
They said that she was coming home back last night but got into an accident.

I looked at them amazingly. "What!!.she came home safely and she was sleeping beside me when I left for my friend house". They looked at me confused and were about to say something when ambulance reached.

I got near it and looked at the dead body they were holding. She was not any other than my mom. I totally lost my senses for a while.

Soon doctor came with a reports in his hands which were assuring her accident spot and exact death time i.e. before 8 hours.