"I promised Laura I would look after you, I am not breaking my promise to her. Go to your dad's, take your time and then come back when you're ready but you are not quitting your job! I'm sure Declan would be okay with that."

She nodded, stepping away from her friend. She was about to speak when a voice interrupted her. "Yes, Declan would be fine with that! He'd take that offer in a heartbeat." She let out a small smile at Declan, stood at the entrance to the house. He approached them with caution. "You can even work from home, never have to see me in person ever again!"

She let out a small laugh, approaching him as she wiped her eyes. "Thank you!" she mouthed.

"Shall I boot the prick?" Trent appeared over Sasha's shoulder. "Anyone who upsets our Flossie G Martin deserves a good decking."

"Thanks Trent but no, he didn't do anything malicious. I just can't be with someone who doubts whether I am good enough for them."
---
Florence had been moping around for a few days, spending her work hours in bed, covered by her duvet. Aimee had been trying her hardest to get her out and moving about but to her dismay, she failed every time. Her friend had barely uttered a word to anyone, even declining calls she received from Josh and Tilly and her dad. She had been regularly messaging Sasha insisting that she would be fine and to give her one more day. Florence knew that there was no use moping for any longer when it wouldn't change anything. She also had to prepare for the new puppy that she and Aimee would be welcoming into their flat. She was disappointed she wouldn't be able to share the moment her and Mason had been chatting about for weeks prior to the events that unfolded a week ago.
---

mason
Yesterday 13:27

Florence, baby please! I didn't
mean it like that. Xxx

If anything, you're too good for
me xx

Please just talk to me, I was an idiot

Florence, I'm begging you. Xx

Today 08:23

I am so so so so sorry!!!

I miss you so much baby. Xxx

I just want you to be happy, you're
too good for me xxx

I am the BIGGEST idiot ever

Today 10:19

Please forgive me xxx

I hate that I fucked up so badly
like I actually feel like utter shit
knowing that you've been hurt by my
stupid words. Like it's so weird to be
excluded from everything, seeing you
guys together, going for drinks and that.

Ben keeps telling me he's on your side and
that he's only talking to me bcoz you told
him that he doesn't need to take sides.

You were always good to me like that
hahaha xx

Today 19:37

Dec said you might be at Liv vs Chels.
Maybe we can catch up then? Xx

Ngl it'll be weird to see my girlfriend
(?) in the opposition's shirt. Probs
wearing Arnold's shirt, aren't you?

Deffo won't be Hendo's. Trent's an amazing
friend to you. You deserve the best,
Flo xxx
---
The whole group of friends had gathered to see Florence's new puppy go on his new walk. Having the pup had helped her keep her mind off Mason. The rottweiler pup had loved the fuss he had gotten from everyone. He loved to behave the most for Declan, giving him cute little poses whenever he saw the camera out.

Mason had watched the ongoings through instagram stories, heart aching from the fact he was missing experiencing it. He had been messaging her and calling her for the past few weeks, begging her to see him, saying that he didn't mean what he had said and that he had said it the wrong way round, that to him he wasn't good enough for her. Florence had muted all his notifications, not having the strength to block him. She wanted to believe his words but she was too stubborn for her own good. Maybe it was her attempt to prevent further hurt but she pegged it down to being a taurus.

"Look at his little eyebrows!" Sasha grinned, as the dog ran towards them. "He's so cute, I just want to squeeze him!"

"My baby is growing up, going on his first walk." Declan faked sniffled, pretending to wipe a tear away from his eyes.

"No, he's my baby." Jack scoffed. "Isn't that right, Apollo?"

The black and brown puppy sprinted towards his owner, sitting at her feet and throwing his left paw on her lap. Florence took the paw into her hand, playing with it slightly, making the dog shut his eyes sleepily. "Are we gonna go on a walk, Apollo?"

"Do you think Mase ever feels left out when he sees us all together?" Jack raised his eyebrow at the group, who had been crowded around the front door to Florence's flat, who had repeatedly kept checking she had everything for her pup's first walk.

"Good, he should. He's a wanker!" Sasha scoffed. "Imagine thinking our Flossie isn't good enough for you when she's worth twelve thousand of him."

"Baby Incredible, you just mentioned he-who-must-not-be-named" Declan rolled his eyes.

"Huh? Baby Incredible?" A look of confusion plastered on Jack's face, as Sasha's laughter bellowed through the corridor, as she realised what Declan was referring to.

"Jack Jack. You know the baby from the Incredibles."
---

scouse gambit
Today 20:06

James is excited

better win @ anfield or he'll batter
you all xo

thank you again Arnold !!! i owe u x

you are very welcome georgie xx

red will suit you more than blue

red >>> blue

if i had people to please on both
teams, i could wear purple like
the bins HAHAHAHA
Delivered

you absolute tit hahahah even if
m*son wasn't an absolute wank
stain, i'd still make sure you were
wearin a liverpool shirt. papa
martin should never have to witness
his daughter in a chelsea shirt.
---
He sat in his friend's house, hoping that she would magically just step through the door and that they'd see each other and everything would be forgotten about but Mason knew that it would take less time for him to count every single grain of sand on the planet than it would for Florence to forgive him. "How is she, Dec?"

"She's been better, bro! Think she puts on this weird facade in front of everyone because her eyes just constantly look red and puffy. She's definitely more upset than she lets on!"

Mason's heart sunk as he heard the words from Declan. Sadness. He caused that and he only felt guilty. The woman, who despite everything that had happened to her, always maintained a positive outlook, was now spending days upset because of his careless words. "Look out for her for me, please."

"Of course, brother! She's in good hands, don't worry! She knows where I am if she ever needs anything." Declan patted Mason on the back, smiling at him. "Trento, Sasha and Grealish have her back too."

Mason felt a pang of jealousy as Declan mentioned Trent. The whole reason for his reckless words that evening fell on the jealousy he felt watching his girlfriend interact with his national team teammate. Mason watched as they joked and teased each other, before he decided he had had enough of it. Insecurity was never a good look on Mason so he put his hood up and spat venom like a threatened cobra in the forest.