Chapter 9- I'm Sorry...

Tw: mention of blood/surgery!!

-Alma's POV-

I let out a scream when she twists my hands off of her and falls to the ground. Time seems frozen, I couldn't move. She was going to die! And it was my fault. I see her flip around in the air and landing on her feet. Right one hitting the ground first. She lets out a blood freezing scream and suddenly i can move again. She immediately falls to the ground her bones not being able to take the pressure of the landing. Of course not! Was she out of her mind. I see her pass out as all screams go away and see the oldest children running out. Olive keeping the smallest inside. I turn to bird form and dive down. Once i'm on the ground -which was a matter of seconds- i turn to human form and practically fall to the ground but not daring to touch her, afraid to make the damage worse.

"What the hell happened?!" Jakob shouted. I didn't care about his cursing as tears welled in my eyes. I hear Emma gasp and Enoch kneels down.

"Miss Peregrine. We need to attend to the damage. Now!" He snaps me out of my despair and i pick her up. Jakob takes Emma in a hug as she was silently crying. I shove past the children Enoch following close behind me, almost running up the stairs. First now i noticed the tears as one dropped on her face. I let out a sharp sob but quickly cover it up. Enoch had already brought all healing remedies and bandages in the house but i was scared i would have to snap her spine into place.

"Miss peregrine?" Enoch says and i know that her means to turn her so we can see her back. I hesitate but know it's necessary. I turn her around and rip her shirt. I gasp and a sob racks my body when i see her spine not in a straight line but crocked. Enoch grabs a knife but i stop him.

"No!" I yell and he looks at me sternly.

"Her spine is snapped and we need to repair it internally. Let me do this you are in no place to." He says. I know he's right but his knowledge catches me by surprise.

"You're sure you can do this?" I ask giving him a very serious face. He nods and i turn around not being able to see him make the cut. I burst out of the room and turn into my falcon, ditching out of the house quickly...

_________

Enoch had been working on y/n for 31 minutes and 32 seconds. I was back and was pacing outside the door, and times to times heard a crack or snap. Once he cursed out and i tried to come in but the door was locked.

"Enoch! Let me in!" I shout but get no response. To my surprise the door opens but what i see makes me feel sick to my stomach. Her whole back was spread open and blood was ushered out on the sheets. I could tell she hadn't lost too much, but she had lost a lot. Her pink muscles and veins were shoving and i could see why Enoch had cursed. Her spine was indeed snapped.

"No" i say. It was barely a whisper... it was just a breath. I notice that i'd frozen to the spot and quickly walk in. A tear rolls down as i know that I will have to step in. He hands me some gloves and i see his eyes were red and puffy.

"What was i thinking" i say this also just a breath.

"You can go now Enoch." I say sad that i pit this, in his hands. Quite literally. He looks down and sniffles.

"I'd rather stay. You know... if you need assistance" he says quietly. I'm reluctant to say yes but end up giving him the permission to stay. Tears were strolling down my cheeks but i had to keep straightening her spine. Enoch and i kept stepping in for each other when things got to hard. In the end her spine was straight again, but we had to secure it. He gives me a look and i look at the bedside table watch. It was 5.38 in the morning. I let out a frustrated sigh as tears fall down again. That's when we both notice she starts moving.

"No. No, No, No!" I yell as her face starts grimacing in pain.

"Enoch i'll hold her down! Just secure her spine as quickly as possible!" I yell now hysterically crying. I jump on her holding her down by the shoulders. I crawl on her holding her legs down with mine and she starts screaming in pain.

"I know, i know! I'm sorry darling" i cry out and Enoch quickly pits in the metal rod clipping it onto her spine keeping it in place.

"Please pass out, Please pass out, Please pass out!" I beg but her body just doesn't. I tell Enoch to hold her down and begin hurriedly stitching her back up. I cry as her body grows lifeless again. And Enoch takes the opportunity to inject some painkiller. We let her lay there and walk out. I had to take care of him before doing so to myself. I help him get cleaned up and tell him to change to pyjamas. I check on the other children and find everyone awake. I decide to gather them all in the movie room to let them all sleep together.

"No chores today. Just vet some sleep" i say and tuck them in. I walk upstairs and enter my room to see the almost lifeless body of the beautiful woman.

"I'm so sorry y/n..." i say and lift her body. Though keeping it straight aware that anything else would ruin the repair Enoch and i had done. I lay her down on the ground just for a quick moment and change the bloody sheets. I lay her back in the bed gently still keeping her whole body straight. I hated myself. This was all my fault. Everything. I should have looked harder. And i should have held on tighter than i did. I should have moved! Not freeze in place and watch her fall. I give her an extra blanket not daring to slip a night gown onto her body with her fragile state.

"How did this happen..." i say crying silently laying down beside her and pulling her on top of me. I needed her close. I needed her to feel alive. And if she was to wake, i would know immediately...

___________
OKAYYYY.... Uhm. i'm sorry! I am a sucker for drama! I do hope this isn't to far fetched😬😶‍🌫️😭