Chapter 2- Eventful evening

"Miss peregrine" Olive says, and enters the woman's room seeing as the door was wide opened.

"Polite persons knock Olive" Alma says in a scolding tone but turns to the girl while still getting an extra pillow ready. The girl smirks making me and Alma exchange a confused look.

"Is something the matter Olive?" The Ymbryne asks breaking the silence.

"I just- never mind. I wanted to know if Y/N will be staying for dinner but... i think i already have my answer" she says nodding towards the pillow and leaving with a grin. Red creeps up my neck and i keep facing the door to hide the blush.

"You are staying for dinner? Aren't you?" She asks almost in a teasing manner. I turn to her to see her surprisingly close and fall back a few steps making her chuckle. The sound made my stomach flip and I can't help but smile. It was frustrating. I didn't want to become too close with her! She seemed to notice I had something on my mind and pulled me into a hug. My whole body tensed and my eyes widened. She could of course feel it and quickly took a step back.

"I'm sorry darling. Are you alright?" She asks but i was still too shocked.

"I- yes! I'm just not very used to... hugging" i say eventually and she takes it as a reason to hug me again, this time with me returning it. This was nice. I didn't notice how long we'd been standing there -and certainly not that i'd nuzzled in closer- until she chuckles lightly.

"Are you ready to stop?" She asked softly but yet sincerely. I nuzzle in closer enjoying the warmth radiating off of her. She takes this as a no and pulls me closer until two of her children entered.

"Miss Peregrine we need your help!" Said the little girl. Fiona i think was her name?

"What seems to be the matter?" Alma asks straightening out of the hug. Idiot! I can't hug the enemy! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

"Millard climbed up the tree again!" Says the other girl. Claire!

"Oh not this again" says Alma more so to herself then to anyone in particular. The woman pinches the bridge of her nose and sighs.

"Is it the same tree as last time?" She asks and they nod taking one of her hands each. Fiona keeps pulling her with while claire comes to drag me with.

"Wha- i?" I say but she just keeps pulling me with. I eventually pick up the girl and walk out to the tree, were Alma and Fiona were already standing, looking up.

"Millard!" Alma shouts making me look up trying to spot the boy. Who was invisible I remembered. I tried looking for the floating clothes but saw nothing and he also didn't return Alma's shout. She turns to me in frustration and is surprised seeing as i was carrying Claire. She turns to the tree again and shouts;

"Millard!?" Again. No answer. I put down the girl when i hear sniffling and feel a drop on my hand. I take off my cardigan and jump to the first tree making Alma gasp and Olive take a step back. I flung my legs over the branch and abruptly jump to the next one.

"Y/N!" Alma shouts and i look down. She opens her mouth to say something but hesitates.

"Don- just please be careful?" She says and sighs.

"Of course" i say smiling at the woman. I keep jumping from branch to branch until i reach the boy.

"Hey... Millard, was it?" I ask slowly getting closer. I see the hat move up and down meaning he was nodding. I give him a soft smile and reach out for his hand and see his arm slowly moving towards mine and eventually i feel his hand in mine.

"I'm gonna help you down okay?" I say and see him nodding again. Or well the hat... either way.

"Climb onto my back" i say and he does so.