Chapter 7- drunk decision...

I was going soft and I didn't like it... i had only been here for a few days... okay it had been a week. I had hardened myself the past few days and knew that -especially- Alma had noticed. I was currently sitting under the big tree with Emma and Olive who were talking about something I didn't quite listen to, to be completely honest. I was just laying down bathing in the sun coming through the leaves. Suddenly Emma gave me a poke in the side and i yell out with a grin.

"Hey!" I say getting up and giving her arm a soft punch. The two girls laugh along with me and we all start poking at each other.

"You know... I don't think Enoch's forgiven you yet" Emma says nodding towards the boy who was sulking off beside Horace who was reading.

"Hm..." i hum looking at the two boys curiously.

"I don't see why he would" Olive says with a shrug making both me and Emma turn to her. I give her a questioning look along with Emma and she goes to speak.

"Well, you didn't apologise, and you practically attacked him" she says with an apologetic smile. I open my mouth to say something but shut it when I realise i don't know what. I end up just humming and give them a short sigh, before getting up.

"Hey were are you going?" The blonde asks. I give her a short smile with a shrug and a sigh.

"I guess i'm going to apologise" i say turning away from the two and walking over to the bushes Enoch and Horace were sitting against. Horace notices me and is mature enough to know to walk away. I give him a smile which he returns and takes his place.

"What" Enoch snaps. I look him over still hating his tone but remind myself that he's like this with everyone.

"I just wanted to say that i'm sorry. For the other day" i say looking away just the slightest bit. He lets out a huff making me look at him. To my surprise he was looking at me too.

"I didn't need that." He says confusing me.

"Your apology" he says like it was obvious... which honestly it was!... i feel myself getting just the slightest bit mad but he had more to say, and I couldn't lunge at him again.

"I'm sure you have your reasons to be so... defensive." He says looking me over, i notice that i was sitting a fair bit away from him with gently crossed arms. I blush from embarrassment but quickly shake it off. I give him a nod and a small grateful smile before walking off again. I glance back to see Enoch walking over to the two girls i had just been with under the tree. I smile shortly before looking back to my walking direction. But to my surprise i bump into someone who seemed in a hurry. We both fall and i let out a grunt landing my head in the hard ground.

"Ow" i say quietly hearing the other person sighing too. I prop my self onto my elbows to look at the person I'd rammed into. Damn it!

"I- Alma- i'm sorry I didn't-" she cuts me off with a hand in the air both of us getting up. I give her my hand to take but she rejects it.

"Y/n would you please watch were you're going next time" she says softly, but not with her usual smile.

"I- yeah. Sorry Alm-" i say but she cuts me off again.

"Don't call me by my first name. It's Miss Peregrine for you too" she says. It felt like a knife was being snapped into my bag.

"I... of course" i say looking down and going to walk away.

"I'm sorry Alm- Miss Peregrine" i say being quick to correct my upcoming mistake. I don't look back to see her regretful face but instead just keep walking. I ran up the stairs to go to my room to be alone, but quickly realised i had no room to go to.

"Ugh! Stupid-" I didn't know what to put after it making me more frustrated. I groan again and walk downstairs. I enter the kitchen looking for a drink, but to my surprise i find nothing. I groan again but decide to wait till after reset to go to the local pub. I hated this. I didn't know why but... this feeling I hadn't felt before.

__________

After dinner Alma... Miss peregrine, had decided to skip the movies and we went straight to reset. I was trying my best not to show my dismay towards the woman, but was probably failing miserably! After reset i was the first to get upstairs. I grabbed a trench coat in leather that i had found on the attic of the house, and carefully opened the window of Miss peregrine and my shared room. I climbed out and ran as fast as possible with the heels the woman was lending me. I didn't feel at place in my body on the whole way to the small town, -which was probably why it felt like mere minutes- and entered the pub. I looked around and walked up to the bar.

"Good evnin' what can i get you pretty lad'" says the owner of the pub. The nickname coming from a man made me severely uncomfortable, but i let it slide and looked behind him at the many bottles.

"Just something that'll get my mind off of things" i say feeling empty and he just nods. He mixes something up and hands me the glass which i gladly take. I mumble a quick 'thank you' before downing the drink. My throat was burning and i let out a small couch making the man grimace.

"Another" i say pointing to the glass, my voice just the slightest bit raspy.

_________

After... a few drinks, i thank the owner and walk out. My legs were wobbly and my body didn't want to work with me.

"Damn-" a hiccup cuts me off and i decide to head home. Alma- Miss Peregrine, probably wouldn't be happy with me but right now I didn't care. It felt like i was floating and i had not a care in the world. I make my way to the house stumbling and taking breaks as my legs wouldn't work properly. When i reach the house i don't even try to tune myself down. Instead i start singing-

"Run rabbit, run rabbit-" hiccup-

"Run run run. Don't give the farmer his fu-" i was cut of when i fell at the steps of the house successfully hitting my head on the stairs. I shout out in pain, but quickly go to cover my mouth. She couldn't hear me.

"Shh... she can't hear us" i tell myself.

"She already knows you're not home" i remind myself and give -myself- a nod of recognition.

"You're right!" I say dramatically and start heading up the stairs again. I almost crash inside and try to lock the door quietly... which didn't work out very well. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs but before i can react she's already in front of me.

"And were the- were have you been" she almost shouts stopping herself from cursing. She seems to notice something on you're forehead and her eyes widen, anger still flaming in them.

"And why are you bleeding- you smell like alcohol..." she says and my face gives me away.

"Y/n-" she cuts off not knowing my last name but quickly bounces back.

"Are you fucking drunk!?" She now yells.

"I'm an adult. Don't worry. I'm fi-" i say but my legs falter. The woman is quick to react and catches me from the fall, lifting me up bridal style.

"Hey! I can walk" i say trying to wrangle out of her grasp.

"If you so much as think about saying another word" she says daringly making me grow quiet. I pout and cross my arms as she makes her way up the stairs with me in her arms. I go to open my mouth but she gives me a glare and i look down.

"I'll have to punish you for this." She says with a sigh, not really wanting to do so but my drunken brain doesn't pick up on this and i go to speak.

"Alma you are beautiful." I state just as she sits me down on her bed. Her head snaps to me from the cupboard with pills. She was clearly caught by surprise.

"But i am not going to sleep with you" i say getting of of the bed.

"I- wha- you-" the baffled woman -now a blushing mess- tries forming a sentence, which obviously fails. I suddenly snap back into reality and my eyes shoot open. None of us say any more  as she just tried assuming, that it was the alcohol speaking. She handed me a few pills and i swallowed them dry.

___________

...y/n you stupid little-