CHAPTER 31: NEW HELPER

Start from the beginning

"Ju!" Yuoko and Osamu instantly help the brunette while Takuya and Kouji assist what appears to be a girl in a school uniform, gathering up her things that are spread across the ground.

"Gomen. Gomen. Gomen." The girl profoundly bows down and repeatedly apologizes to the brunette. 

"It's alright. It is also my fault for not seeing you." Tenma comforts her in a soothing voice. 

The girl gathered her composure and could now see the person she had bumped into. Her mind suddenly went awake. She was speechless when she stared at the brunette and his companion.

The five teens glance at each other, puzzled by what might have surprised the girl. The girl pulls out her phone and alternates between staring at it and them. She then starts pointing at each one of them. 

"Luke Hughes (Hirai Kouji). Ethan Young (Hansuke Takuya). Dale Pearce (Tezuka Osamu). (Lyra Yarrow) Ono Yuoko." The teenagers are stunned that she is aware of their foreign names. They only used it when they were traveling outside of the country.

And finally, the girl points toward the brunette, but somehow the black mask prevents her from identifying him. Then, out of the blue, a realization left her dumbfounded and on the verge of exploding. "OMG! Don't tell me... You're... You're..." That's when Tenma realizes once he touches his head. It appears that his hood falls off when they bump into each other. 

Before he has time to ponder further, he instinctively pulls back his hood and covers the mouth of the girl to keep her from attracting unwanted attention. The girl is taken aback by his action, but he signals for her to be silent by placing his finger in his mouth. 

He carefully takes his hands away from her mouth after waiting for a nod to confirm that she has already calmed down. "Let's go somewhere secluded." They head to an empty park. The teens scan around and think they won't be bothered by anyone while they are here.

The girl speaks first in a whisper. "Are you really, Arion Sherwind?" Tenma lets out a sigh before taking off his hood and the mask, revealing his face to her. "Goodness Gracious!" She covers her mouth in shock at this discovery. "You really are Ario..." Her voice becomes louder and louder as she struggles to contain her excitement

"Shhhhh! Will you keep it down?" Tenma places a finger over her mouth to shut her up. 

The girl obeys his request and keeps her voice low. "Sorry. It's because I've been a huge fan of yours ever since you entered the music industry. I've been actively following news about you until you switch to becoming a soccer player. It's disappointing that after your game against Russia, I heard less about you and your team. More like you suddenly all disappeared. I can't begin to describe how thrilled I am to have met you here in Japan."

Although it's true they've been hiding from the general public for years, this should be done so they can freely carry out their goals and also be protected. Within those years, they have been secretly traveling around the world and training simultaneously.

Tenma flashes a smile at her. "Gomen. We want a getaway from the media. They obstruct our personal lives and hinder us from taking part in things we prefer."

"Can you autograph this?" She opens her bag and takes a pen and a photo card.

"Yeah, sure." Tenma takes the items and shows them to his companion. 

It is a photograph of him and his mother playing the piano on stage. It was his first appearance in the music industry. He can clearly see his mother and him giving each other joyful glances.

"Where did you get this?" Osamu asked, impressed.

"Actually, I made it myself. My father really captured the perfect image of you and your mother performing at the event. So I decided to turn it into a photocard. It truly brings me great luck." Tenma writes his autograph on the back of the photocard. "I apparently have an extra photocard like this as well."