Eighteen

Tego's P.O.V.

we're almost ready. i can't wait to see you <3

She's excited to see me and honestly, I don't know how to tell her that I'm not going anywhere.

Change mi mind.

She's not slow so I'm sure she's realized without any form of communication by now.

Technically, my lack of response is communication. It means I don't care enough to answer a message that I read brawling.

It also means I don't care about her feelings because she sent me a sweet message- one expressing herself and letting me know that she's excited to see me and I still have her on read over an hour later.

She would never believe me if I told her that although I am knowingly picking these actions knowing what they are interpreted as I would never want to hurt her.

But I do.

I can't help myself.

Man, the least I can do is go to her little dinner and then maybe when her parents see me she'll feel embarrassed and I won't have to fall for her more because it's bound to end- nothing lasts forever.

I kiss my teeth before jumping out of my couch to get ready and all of a sudden I'm in her driveway.

Jade's P.O.V.

I answer the phone on the second ring.

"I'm outside." He simply says into he speaker.

I take a peek outside through my bedroom curtains and I see his black Crown in my driveway.

"I'll come let you in." I hang up the phone and inform my parents before I go to the front door to open it.

He turns off the car once I've opened the door and then I see his tall, skinny frame emerge from the driver's side.

He walks over to me then offers a small smile and a light touch against my shoulder.

"Merry Christmas." He whisper-shouts.

I offer him a smile as well. "Merry Christmas."

"Tell yuh seh wi fi put a mistletoe in the front doorway." I hear my mother's voice. I look over to see her and my father grinning in our direction.

"Merry Christmas." Tego greets them with a confident smile before walking over to them to offer my father a handshake and my mother a hug.

"Unnu house smell good though." Tego begins then turns to my mother. "You're the chef, miss?"

My mother smiles. "They helped a little." She gestures with her finger before she fans in the direction of me and my father.

Tego laughs in a very contagious way causing both my parents to laugh as well.

Da man ya mussi well guzzu dung.

My father goes to the fridge and grabs two Heinekens and gestures for Tego to sit in the living room with him for a drink.

I go to the fridge to get some wine for me and my mother as we sit at the island to prepare to set the table.

Christmas dinners are done a bit different depending on the mood my family is in. Sometimes we might go to the US to celebrate or a designated family member hosts but this year we decided to all just do separate family dinners with immediate families.

"He's charming." My mother says after her first sip of wine.

I look over at the badman.

"Is he?" I raise my eyebrows at her but she just takes a few more sips of wine while smiling occasionally until the bottle is finished and Tego and my father have drinked a few more bottles.