31- Royal Bout

The King steps down from his throne, his two-handed axe noticeably heavy as it makes contact with the floor. "I propose a contest instead of a bout." The King says as he towers over Ryoto.

Lina slowly moves further away and watches silently.

Ryoto locks eyes with the King. "Please explain." He says calmly.

"How about we destroy demons, most in an hour wins?" The King asks.

"Your highness!" The Sage exclaims as he steps forward. "The champions have not been united. If you attack the demon realm, we would certainly receive a counterattack greater than your assault!"

Ryoto looks questioningly at the Sage and then toward the King. 

"Let me explain. Upon the Sages' recommendation, I have taken Raynel Tobrith as my advisor." The King comments.

"Raynel?" Ryoto asks the Sage.

The Sage shrugs. "It was my username online. You can call me Steven if it is easier."

Ryoto groans. "I'll figure it out some other time.." He then looks at the King. "I'd much rather fight you anyway!"

The King grins confidently. "Then we must prepare a suitable arena for our battle!" He says before looking at Raynel.

Raynel sighs. "Fine.." He then reaches out to his left and opens a swirling portal. "You have a limit of thirty minutes."

The King nods and leaps in.

"Better hurry up. That guy hates to be kept waiting." Raynel says, motioning to the portal.

"Okay. We really need to talk later." Ryoto says before stepping through the portal.

Raynel snaps his fingers and summons a chair, desk, computer, and some snacks. Sitting down he waves his hand at the portal. "Yeah yeah! Just don't die before then." He says with a chip in his mouth.

Lina watches Raynel curiously. 

Once through the portal, Ryoto comes face to face with a huge tiger reefed in lighting. 

The field is an endless sea of grass and storm clouds slowly form overhead.

The tiger leans its head down to him. "Did you expect me to go easy on you?" He growls.

Ryoto is surprised for a moment before realizing the King is an honorable man who would not surprise attack him. He takes a deep breath and smiles. "May I ask you a question?"

The King nods.

"What is your name?" Ryoto asks with a sharp stare.

The King glances away. "What does that matter?"

Ryoto grins confidently. "The implemented military strategy I saw, while passing through your kingdom, struck me as familiar. Are you, perhaps, from my world?"