16- Honored Guest

The elf woman pulls back her hood to reveal flowing platinum blonde hair and distinctly pointed ears. "My name is Elinor! It is a pleasure to meet you!"

Ryoto and the others quickly bow.

Elinor waves her hand with a chuckle. "Please rise!"

They all rise and retake their seats.

"So what brings you to my humble home?" Ryoto asks, motioning to a seat.

Elinor looks around skeptically and takes the seat. "It appears the only things humble, about this place, are you and your company, sir hero!" She then slightly bows her head. "On behalf of the dragons, I owe you our sincerest apologies. It was not our intent to simply drop you to your assumed death. Our summoning was interrupted and another saved you in our stead."

"Do you mean when that wind magic caught me?" Ryoto asks.

Elinor nods. "We have yet to track down that individual, but we have no doubt it was a divine sage. However, it is very odd a sage would visit Daifon.. it might have been their champion."

Ryoto's eyes widen. 'Then.. the sages procured a champion before the dragons?! What have they been doing this whole time?!' "You mentioned being interrupted.. by what exactly?"

Elinor frowns. "The demon general, Konheart the sky serpent. He must have sensed our summoning circle's magic and rushed to intercept it. However, we had just enough time to summon and drop you to safety before he could stop us."

Ryoto's eyebrow twitches. "So it is just chance that I am still alive?!!" He asks gruffly.

Elinor pauses for a moment. "I very much doubt it. I believe Delphyne prepared spells should you be hurt."

Tomica's eyes widen and his mouth opens in surprise. "Delphyne? As in Queen Delphyne, one of the two parents of our races?!!!"

Elinor smiles. "You certainly studied your history! Yes, the Queen, herself, participated in summoning our champion!"

"I guess I should be honored.." Ryoto mutters.

Elinor clinches her teeth for a moment. "I can understand your frustration. Being dragged from your world to an unknown land is next to imprisonment. We really do...."

"Forget about that!" Ryoto interrupts as he leans forward. "What I need is answers and guidance!"

Elinor takes a deep breath. "That is why I am here! Well.. that and I fixed the Forest of Malyan." She says with a smile.

"I appreciate that. I didn't want another angry elf coming after me." Ryoto comments.

Elinor cocks her head slightly. "Another? No one was sent on behalf of Elron! In fact, they reached out to me because a dragon had been involved. No one, not even the elves, would confront a dragon."

Ryoto looks at Tomica questioningly. "Then who was that elf from the adventurer's guild?"

Tomica shrugs. "Perhaps there are more champions than you and the sage!"

"No.. Really?!" Ryoto replies sarcastically. "Each race was commanded to produce one champion each by summoning or raising."

"But that doesn't mean there has to be only one!" Elinor adds. "Plus, very few races are even capable of summoning magic."

'What is she saying? There can be more than one?' He thinks as he glances at Tomica and Tora. 'Does she mean the twins? It was an unusual situation, being born twins in one world and then again in this one! It stands to reason something is special about them.' 

Elinor props her head in her hand with a smile. "I simply adore outworlders! I love to watch as you think through situations and form strategies!"

Ryoto looks into her eyes. "I get it, you like dropping hints. But let's go back to the topic of the forest. That wouldn't have happened if I had received some guidance."