4. Protective mode

The boys had successfully landed in Qatar last night; they arrived at their hotel to a warm welcome from everyone who was working there; they received flowers as a welcome gift; and spent the rest of that night resting for training today.

As for Alina, she woke up late this morning after binge-watching a whole series on Netflix. She didn't have anything planned today except for Emelia's birthday. They plan on going out for dinner and maybe going clubbing if they're in the mood. But for now, she'll just take it easy.

———

Qatar was boiling, and it's something the boys are going to have to get used to. As soon as the first training session ended, everyone had a shower and spent the rest of the day taking it easy and exploring the hotel.

Mason and Declan decided to go to the basketball court. They decided to do their own little tournament.

"I don't miss, bro," Declan said, shooting the ball but completely missing it. Mason let out a laugh as Declan tried to pretend like he didn't miss

"You're awful, bro, I'm way better," Mason chuckled as he bounced the ball. He tried to shoot and missed too.

They both stood there quietly until Jack walked in with a big smile on his face.

"Whatcha doing, boys?" He looked at the two of them.

"We're having a competition going on," Declan said.

"Dec is bad tho; he can't shoot," Mason said, holding in his laugh.

"Don't open your mouth, bro, you missed too," Declan said, becoming defensive and pointed at him.

"Watch this dumb and dumber," Jack said, trying it himself. And believe it or not, he put it in the net.

"HA!" Jack ran around Mason and Declan, mocking them before leaving them alone again.

"Let's just play Nintendo switch; I don't want to do this anymore," Declan sighed, disappointed about his lack of confidence on the basketball court.

"Another time, bro, we got this," Mason assured him.

———

"Don't worry, Jaz, I have the toys here, and I'll bring them to the airport," Alina told Jasmine on the phone as she made herself a cup of tea.

As she spoke to her on the phone, she grabbed the cup but suddenly dropped it over her hand, burning herself with the tea. "FUCK," she cursed under her breath.

"No, it's fine. I just bruised my whole hand, but it's fine," Alina assured Jasmine, who had heard the curse.

"I'll see you in two days. Bye." Alina said goodbye to Jasmine and hung up after their conversation.

She quickly went to the sink, cooling her hand down with cold water. She looked at it after, and the whole hand was red. It will probably get worse tomorrow.

She took her promise ring off to wash off the tea from her fingers and the ring. She put it on the sink to let it dry before she could put it on again; time was ticking and she had to go get ready for Emelia's birthday.