1. Call ups

A lot has happened since New Year's Eve. There have been many ups and downs in football for Mason, but with the help of Alina, he's gotten through it all.

Alina herself has had many projects done together with Carlotta and the rest of the team, there have been ups and downs for her too, but Mason has, just like her, always been there for her and helped her her though the tough times.

It's been about 11 months since Mason made Alina his girlfriend. Their first year anniversary is on the 11th of December, which will be during the World Cup if England manages to stay that long in the competition.

Speaking of the World Cup, Mason has been waiting for that call. He's been stressing about it nonstop. Having his teammates Ben and Reece get injured hasn't been easy either; it has made him overthink whether he'll get injured or not.

The call-ups will be announced today at 2 p.m., and in the meantime, Mason will go to training and hopefully won't think too much about it.

As for Alina, she's currently on the hunt for a new camera. Believe it or not, she broke hers, only this time it was actually her fault and not some dude breaking it on purpose like last time.

"Hello, can I help you with anything?" a young girl, who's working at the store, asked Alina.

She looked at the girl with a smile. "Yes actually, do you guys have the Canon EOS 4000D?" she asked curiously. She had been trying to find it for ages, but it was nowhere to be seen.

"Unfortunately, we don't have those here anymore; they're totally sold out. I'm really sorry," the girl apologized.

"That's fine, I suspected it would've been sold out; would you recommend maybe something else I could buy?" Alina asked

"We do have a Canon EOS 90D; the difference is that it's very flexible, you can take pictures, film, and vlog, and it gives you that extra sharpness for videos since it's 4K," she explained.

Alina was convinced, and it was pretty urgent, so she didn't have much choice anyway. "I'll take it," she smiled at the girl.

———

"Mason, more focus, come on," Potter said, watching him struggle to keep up with the pace.

As soon as he blew the whistle, Mason grabbed a water bottle and took a seat. "What's gotten you so distracted?" Kai asked as he took a seat next to him.

"Nothing, bro," Mason answered before taking a sip of water.

"If it's about the World Cup, don't worry, bro, they'll pick you," Kai assured him.

Mason looked at him and smiled, appreciating Kai's belief, "I just don't want to get my hopes up, you know?" Mason answered

"It will be alright, bro, everything happens for a reason," he patted Mason's back before walking back to the training ground.

Mason sighed and followed; there was about an hour left before the announcement; he was going to get the call-ups here during training, and it has made him feel nauseous. Literally anything can happen.

Meanwhile, Alina had bought her camera and done some grocery shopping to prepare a meal for him and the rest of his family. She hasn't moved into Mason's house yet, but they've both given each other their spare keys so they can come over whenever they want.