2. The newcastle game

Another loss, but this time it was a loss before the World Cup, which made everything so much more painful.

The boys left the pitch with a heavy heart, even after the game, when getting changed in the changing room they all did it in quietness. They all know they have to step up their game; they're 8th on the table, and that's not good enough for this football club.

Alina had watched the game from home while editing some photos she had taken a while ago; the game was in Newcastle and she couldn't go unfortunately but like always, she supports wherever  she is.

The fight at the end of the game left her worried. It wasn't the first time she had seen the boys lose their cool in a game, especially after a loss, and every time it would happen, she would get worried.

Text messages between
Alina and Mason
8 pm

Ali🌹
Hi handsome boy
Sorry about the game, it
will be better next time ❤️

Mase❤️‍🔥
Hey love
It's fine, just a bit annoyed
that's all

Ali🌹
I know it's frustrating
But you got this, ok?
Are you ok tho? not hurt or
anything right?❤️

Mase❤️‍🔥
Thanks beautiful
Im not hurt, everyone's fine
Can you come over later tho?
Maybe sleep over again?❤️

Ali🌹
If you want that I'll come
Anything for you ❤️

Mase❤️‍🔥
Of course I want you to come
See you soon❤️

Ali🌹
See you soon
Love you ❤️

Mase❤️‍🔥
Love you more ❤️

———

It took a while before Mason arrived home; it was almost midnight, but he decided to take a shower while Alina was on her way over to his house.

He was still frustrated, despite the team talk on the bus after the game. It wasn't looking good for them, and he knows that after the World Cup, they all need to do better.

After the long shower, he put a towel around his waist and walked over to his wardrobe to pick out some clothes to wear.

Alina had already arrived a while ago while he was in the shower; she was now standing behind Mason, planning on scaring him by hugging him from behind. She kept her mouth closed, slid her hands around his waist, knowing her hands are super cold, and hugged him tight, making him jump out of fear.

"Fucking hell Ali," he let out a deep breath.

"Did I scare you?" she asked, proud of herself.

"No obviously not, your hands are ice that's why I jumped!," he chuckled as he grabbed them, always denying he gets scared.

"You know I get cold easily," she pouted

"I know," he chuckled, warming her hands up in his, placing a few kisses on them.

"Are you ok, you look tired?" she asked, noticing the tiredness in his eyes.

"I'm ok," he weakly smiled as he intertwined their hands, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"Switch focus now ok, next stop is the World Cup, and then full focus on the Premier League after," she reminded him.

"I know...you're right," he said, placing another kiss on her lips to show appreciation.

"Get changed now; you're going to get cold too otherwise," she giggled, pushing him back into his walk-in closet. He chuckled, watching her go back downstairs.

He put on a hoodie and shorts before walking downstairs. Alina was on the couch watching Netflix while waiting for him.

"Wanna watch the next episode of  peaky blinders?" She excitedly asked as he walked over to her.

"Put it on," he said, jumping onto the couch and laid behind her to spoon her.

"Your hair smells good," he said, burying his face in her hair.

"I had a shower today too, probably why," she giggled.

"You should've waited for me; we could've showered together," he said, placing kisses on her neck.

"We both know what that would've led to," she chuckled.

"I wouldn't mind," he said, placing a kiss on top of her head.

"Maybe another time," she smiled, switching back her focus to the TV.

"What are you going to do when I leave?" Mason suddenly asked

"I don't know; probably miss you and cry every day," she joked.

"Stop that," he chuckled.

"I have two photoshoots and Emelia's birthday is coming up, so we are probably just going out," she said.

"Sounds like a busy week," Mason said.

"That's a good thing; it means it will go fast, and I can see you in Qatar faster," she smiled.

"I can't wait to see you in an England top again with my name and number in the back," he pulled her closer to himself; she smiled and turned around to face him.

"And I can't wait to see you kill it on the pitch again," she caressed his cheek.

He smiled before she placed a kiss on his lips. Both were laying there wrapped up in each other's arms, appreciating the small amount of time they have left before Mason has to leave.