Chapter 4: Hunting

Start from the beginning

"I'm pretty sure I said no bloodshed." Victoria says as I pass her.

I face her, stepping backwards. "I'm pretty sure you said no bloodshed in your city. We're outside of it." I motion around us, before walking off.

*****

Sitting in a large corner booth I take back two of the shots sitting in front of me as Victoria feeds on a bleeder and Pierce is sat next to her. "See you needed a night out." Pierce tells Victoria as she pulls back from the wrist of the bleeder.

She wipes the corner of her mouth and hands the bleeder a couple hundred dollar tip while Pierce returns his arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him. "I don't mind this. Not the hunting thing they're all doing." She likes going out but only really to the bars within her city. Says it's nicer to walk there and back as opposed to the upwards of an hour it takes to get back from NYC.

"You used to love it." Pierce says and my eyes widen as Victoria's narrow. "You hunting is how we met."

"Right but now as an 802 year old woman, I have no interest in stalking about Manhattan to hunt when I can come to a place like this." She waves her hand around at the bleeder den we're in.

I take back the last shot I have in front of me then ask, "What about for old times sake?"

"I've had my hunting phase, I'm over it."

"Ah leaving it to the youngins, grandma?" I tease and Victoria flips me off.

Pierce cackles, "I'd go hunting with you, Rayo."

"Maybe when it's just the two of us and I'm not on the verge of strangling everyone staying in my palace right now." Victoria picks up her drink.

"Call me if you guys ever do, I'll fly over." I say to Pierce, he nods at me with a smile plastered on his face in direct opposition of Victoria's deadpan look. "I'm gonna go get another drink."

Alone at the bar I order a straight martini. I relish in the peace and quiet. I don't mind talking to Victoria and Pierce, or Scarlett, or Reid and them because they don't ask anything of me other than things I already intended on doing. Sometimes Victoria does but I'll let her slide. My social battery was drained today from all the small talk bullshit with the older High Royals and the Fallen. This is all relaxing to me- speaking with people who don't annoy me, the quiet of right now, and the eventual hunting later. The bartender hands me my martini and I bring my glass to my lips taking sip.

"No moonshine?" I just want to enjoy my martini in peace and his grating voice ruins it. I had banned him from my territory in hopes of never hearing it again.

"Fuck off, Grayson." I say refusing to look at him.

"I said two words."

"Two words too many." I finish the rest of my drink.

"Morgan!" Scarlett calls out. I look to her, Bash, Sterling, and Reid standing over by the door waving for me.

I get up from the barstool walking away from him. Unfortunately he follows. "Must you follow me?"

"Yes." He says and I whip around to him. I grab the drink in his hands and finish it as I stare him down- his prodding blue eyes and stupid smile and all. I take his hand and slap the empty glass into it. Flashing a disgusted look as I leave him.

"You ready?" Scarlett says looking behind me at the hybrid asshat following me.

"Yep." I say.