Maybe she was trying to throw me off but we'll never know till we look into these men once and for all. 

"My vocals were pretty off today," I say, eyes laser focused on the thinning greyish hair at the back of Mr Wan's head. 

"It was just one line," Binna sighs tiredly. She lifts a long leg and pull up's the thick woollen socks that come up to her thighs. 

"I know. But I think I need more practice," I reply, ignoring the way Binna rolls her eyes. "With Mr Wan." 

"Why him? He always looks so dodgy." 

Truer words have never been spoken. I remember how he cornered me in his studio, looking like he was about to kiss me. If Jiho hadn't barged in then, God knows what would have happened. It would be stupid of me to seek his help alone but then again maybe today I'll be more prepared. 

"Kind of is. But I need his help and we're free till Mr. Lee texts us. Might as well make the most of it." 

Loud chatter erupts from the direction of the lifts and I turn to see most of the girls walking towards us. I try not to focus on the absence of Rachel, Grace and JinJin. Try not to wonder where and who they are with. 

The deep unease in my chest threatens to return but I push it aside, raking my brain on how to get that picture in Mr Wan's studio. 

An idea forms slowly when Kim sits down in front of us. Liza and Queenie - the more quiet ones who usually go with the flow and never cause any drama - sit down next to us and stretch out their legs as well. 

"Today feels like it's going on forever. I can't believe we still have practice and have to be here at 6am again tomorrow," Kim grumbles. She takes out a deep heat patch, pulls off it's cover and eases it onto her neck. 

My own neck feels sore just by looking at her. 

"Girls, I want to run through my tone with Mr Wan. You all know how good he is with that sort of thing. Do you want to join?" I fold my fingers together apprehensively and wait for their response. 

Binna, my bestie for life is predictable in her answer. "Yeah, why not. I'll come with you. Safer that way." She's always been protective of me and I'm beginning to think I don't deserve it with all the sneaking around I've been doing. 

"Mr. Yang glared at me during my lines so I must have done something wrong. I'll come too," Liza says and then Kim agrees to join as well. Only Queenie decides to stay back, saying she needs to meet Ms Noh about something. 

The four of us sit there idly and I wait for the execs to leave the lounge. It could take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours, but they generally don't spend more than an hour inside. Since there are no visitors today I'm guessing they should be out any minute. 

My prayers are answered about ten minutes later. Mr Yang leaves first then the others slowly trickle out after him. 

Mr Wan saunters out last, a cup of coffee in hand and I quickly jump up from my seat. 

"Give me a second," I tell the girls and then rush after him. 

"Mr Wan!" I call after him as he heads for the lifts and he turns to me so abruptly that some coffee tips over, sliding down the side of his cup. 

"Oh no, I'm so sorry." I pretend to fuss over the mess I caused by grabbing some tissue by the counter and wipe it down for him. I can tell this makes him flustered, the sicko. His face is turning pink and he grabs my hand to stop me. 

His fingers are so soft, so un-calloused like he's never touched a guitar string or washed a dish in his life. I swallow when he doesn't release me but then he gathers himself when he realises where we are.