- 4 -

_____

_____

Jimin digs his nose into his son's soft hair and lets his hand wander along his back. Silence. The silence of the night spreads through the room like the calm before the storm. Once again Jimin closes his eyes. Jeongguk must have long since fallen asleep in his room. And here he lies-wide awake and unable to fall asleep. The restlessness he holds inside gnaws at him like an internal storm that won't allow him to fall asleep.

His son's voice snaps him out of his thoughts, and a quiet gasp emits from his lips, thinking he had already fallen asleep. "Do we really have to go?"

Jimin tenses his body before letting out a disappointed sigh and embracing the truth. He has felt comfortable enough over the past few days not to have to face the truth. The fact that Jimin hadn't had human contact in a while made things even more difficult. But reality would catch up with him in a day anyway.

"Yes, unfortunately. Look, we have our own lives and Jeongguk only rented this hut too. He will certainly have to leave soon. I know you like him, but we're not even friends, honey. Jeongguk has a life too. Maybe we can come to visit him again."

Jimin is unsure whether or not he is expressing the truth with that last sentence. He swallows as he remembers how safe and comfortable he feels around Jeongguk after all, but feels too unsure, he has to admit. This is the first close human contact Jimin has had in a long while and he doesn't know how to handle it.

The thought of them leaving soon is heavy on his stomach, but it's better this way. They can go back to their lives before the incident happened and Jeongguk... Jeongguk has his own life too.

"Let's try to get some sleep before we leave tomorrow." Jimin feels Myung nod his head in the darkness, even though he can't see him clearly, he knows Myung is disappointed but can't help it.

The next morning it's time for Jimin to prepare both mentally and practically for them to leave the hut any minute. Jimin looks around one last time and makes the sofa bed into a sofa again. A soft sigh escapes his lips.

"You're leaving already?" Jimin thinks he must have heard a hint of disappointment in Jeongguk's voice as he steps towards them with his hands in his pockets, however, the thought is quickly erased by a slight smile and a joking voice from the other.

"You're leaving already without telling me goodbye?"

"I-we wanted to tell you goodbye after I cleaned up a bit and put everything back to its original place." Jimin bites his lip, feeling somewhat guilty for having said nothing before. He tells himself that Jeongguk was just being friendly and welcoming them because he was hurt. Asking him if they can become friends would be pointless, as he knows it would not be possible. Jeongguk probably lives in the city and is a busy man. Besides, wouldn't it be weird?

"Are you sure you want to go?"

Yes, he says to himself having an internal battle, telling himself, knowing that this is far from the truth. Jimin does not want to leave. But he cannot ask Jeongguk for more than he has already given them.