- 3 -

_____

_____

Myung is the first to wake up between him and Jimin. His furry ears twitch in his half-sleep and he gets fully woken up by all sorts of sounds coming from the kitchen. It takes him a moment to comprehend what's happening. In the end, curiosity gets the best of him, so he carefully pushes the blanket aside and gets up from the sofa where he has been cuddling with Jimin. Myung tiptoes up to the kitchen, barely making a sound on the wooden tiles beneath his small feet. He leans against the door frame and peeks into the kitchen, interested in finding out what's the cause of the sounds.

Jeongguk, who's standing next to the kitchen sink must have noticed movement in his line of vision, triggering him to freeze in the process of his cooking, holding the knife in a tight grip. Noticing with a side glance it's no one but Myung, he's reminded that he's not alone in the forest hut. For a moment he totally forgot about it, having been completely focused on cooking.

Jeongguk puts the knife on the cutting board and turns around with a gentle smile. "Morning, Myung. Do you want to help me cook pumpkin soup?"

Myung nods. Although words don't follow, Jeongguk can see how happy the little boy is about Jeongguk asking if he wanted to help. Sparks of interest ignite in his brown eyes. The smaller one moves eagerly closer, watching Jeongguk pull a step stool next to the kitchen sink for Myung to step onto. He then steps behind Myung, arms loosely winding around him to the cut board. He makes sure not to step too close considering Myung is not his child and someone he had known for barely twenty-four hours.

It's not every day Jeongguk has a child around him. For that reason, it's difficult to come up with topics he can talk about or questions he can ask. He tries to imagine what the small boy likes, what he's interested in. Considering he has barely exchanged a few words with the other makes him struggle. He glances at Myung's side profile while he lets the cut pumpkin pieces fall into a pot, observing how his adorable cheeks puff in a way Jeongguk wants to squish them.

"Do you like Halloween?"

Myung nods and subconsciously leans against Jeongguk's broad chest as they start to mash the pumpkin in the pan. Pride glimmers in Jeongguk's chest at the thought that Myung seems very comfortable with him despite them having not talked much.

"If you want we can make funny faces in the pumpkins later."

Jeongguk barely gets a yes before Myung's answer is interrupted by a loud shout from the living room, the distress clearly audible.

"Myung?"

Jimin must have woken up in surprise when he didn't see his son lying next to him and Jeongguk doesn't blame him. He can understand it and hears from his voice that there must be more to it. Jeongguk wonders if they ever lost sight of each other, that his voice holds so much distress.

"He's here in the kitchen with me!"

Only a few seconds later, a sleepy Jimin enters the kitchen. His brown hair is a little dishevelled and a sleepy expression is written all over his face. As he leans against the doorframe with one hand, Jeongguk only remembers then that Jimin is wearing one of his t-shirts, flattering him. His thighs are half covered with the fabric, and Jeongguk resists the urge to cast his gaze lower, aware of the consequences. Just because there is something captivating about this man in his clothes standing just a few metres away from him. It may be his enticing eyes, his fluffy moving as Jeongguk speaks, or the way Jimin draws Jeongguk in, making him want to learn more about him.