"Haven't seen her, check the gardens," Azriel responded, voice still as tight as it was before. The sound of the door closing made Aurora relax, tilting his face back to her.

"He knows how to ruin a moment," she grinned. Azriel rolled his eyes before dropping his head back to her shoulder. His lips and tongue ran over her skin, soft hums leaving Aurora. She turned and rested on her back, smiling to herself as Azriel leaned over her, kisses reaching the swell of her breast.

"You're so beautiful," he murmured, breath ghosting across her skin.

"So are you," she responded, earning a surprised stare from Azriel as he lifted his head. She smiled at him, her knuckles brushing against the scruff on his jaw. "You are," she continued, "Everything about you."

Azriel responded with a kiss on her lips, his arm slipping beneath her back to tug her body closer. She kissed him back slowly, grazing her fingers over the tattoos along his neck and shoulder. Azriel's hand on her waist tugged her as he moved to his back, Aurora now straddling his waist. Their lips didn't part, not for a second, as Aurora held his face and Azriel's hands fell to her lower back. The blankets were gone at this point.

"I-," Azriel started, but Aurora silenced him with a deeper kiss. His hands lingered at her hips, thumbs pressing into the bone.

The door swung open again, and Aurora yelped in surprise, falling down to hide her body against Azriel's.

"Elain is gone," Cassian panted as he fitted his siphons onto his leathers. Azriel didn't hesitate as he pushed Aurora onto the mattress beside him and shot up, tugging on his trousers and rushing out the door. Cassian followed, slamming the door behind him.

"Fuck," Aurora panted, rolling out of the bed and fumbling for her own leathers. She nearly tripped as she tugged on the larger pair she was gifted, a pair that now fit her well. She hardly had time to tie her boots as she rushed to the door. Voices were heard by the sitting room as Aurora bolted down the stairs. Cassian, Rhysand, and Azriel were all in their black leathers, siphons flaring on the winged two.

"I don't understand how she would have left without us knowing," Rhysand spat. Nesta glared up at him with clenched jaws. She, too, was in her leathers.

"Please, someone loan me a weapon, I want to help," Aurora panted. The four of them turned to her.

"Damn it, Cassian go get her some straps, a sword, and a dagger. Azriel, get your fucking spies and find her." Rhysand's voice boomed through the estate. Cassian shot off towards a hallway by the stairs, Azriel disappeared into shadows.

"The last time she was gone, the Hybern army had her. What if the Cauldron is awake, Rhysand?" Nesta shouted, the swords on her back clattering together.

"Do you feel anything? What if she just went on a stroll? Azriel will have information when he returns," Rhysand shouted back. Aurora flinched at the utter death that emanated from the two of them. Cassian was jogging back to the group, hands full.

He dropped to his knee and began looping a sheath to Aurora's thigh, shoving a dagger into it. He then stood and wrapped a leather strap around her waist, crossing them and looping them around her shoulders. When he was finished, he placed a sword into the sheath.

"Have we heard anything yet?" He asked, his hand protectively going over a fuming Nesta's shoulders, careful of the swords.

"No, I'm sure Azriel will return soon. We need to wait until then before taking action, otherwise, I need everyone to spread out and search the estate again," Rhysand ordered. Everyone began to move but Azriel's shadows appeared beside them and then he materialized.

"Autumn Court, she's in the Autumn Court meeting with Beron," he panted. Aurora stiffened, wide eyes on her mate. Elain was in the Autumn Court with her father, the one that didn't know of her existence.

"How the fuck did she get there?" Rhysand snapped. Azriel shrugged, but then stiffened. His eyes closed a moment, and then opened in sheer panic.

"Fuck, he's bringing her back. He's got soldiers lined up, she told him about Velaris." Everyone stiffened at that. Rhysand disappeared in a wisp of smoke and shadow. Azriel closed his eyes again. "They're gone, Rhys was too late."

"Shit, shit, shit," Cassian muttered, his hand running through the loose hairs that fell from his bun.

Rhysand reappeared, his hand on his sword hilt as he tugged it from his back. "I felt the wards. They're here. You two, get the fuck in the air. Nesta, Aurora, come with me," Rhysand ordered. Cassian and Azriel went for the entrance, wings spread and ready. Aurora and Nesta both reached for his arm, instantly being whipped into darkness and wind.

When they were on solid ground, they were on a mountaintop, figures in the distance. The peak was one that stood far above Velaris, one that kept the city hidden. Aurora and Nesta both reached for their swords as Rhysand lifted it, Aurora slightly hidden behind Rhysand.

"Why are you here, Beron?" Rhysand called out. The figure in the middle unsheathing their own sword as they approached. One of the figures to his right was Elain, her arms crossed as she shook in the bitter wind.

"One of your mate's sisters informed me that I have a daughter being hidden in your Court. I've come to retrieve her," Beron responded. Aurora cringed at the sound of boots crunching snow as they drew nearer. Suddenly, the ground shook beneath them, rocks tumbling down the mountain face. Aurora looked behind her to see Azriel and Cassian stalking toward them, faces of cold warriors, bringers of death. Azriel didn't spare Aurora a glance as he walked past her, the two of them being in front of their High Lord on either side.

"Release Elain, she has no part in this," Rhysand ordered. Beron's laugh sounded, carried by the wind.

"A prisoner for a prisoner, isn't that how it goes? Give me my daughter, I'd like to formally meet her," Beron mused. Aurora peeked around Rhysand's arm. Beron stood several feet away, a tall male with brown hair and eyes. He looked much older than she'd expected. Aurora saw the resemblance then. His high cheek bones, pointed jaw. Even the shape of his eyes. His hand was wrapped around Elain's arm now, her wide eyes set on Azriel and full of frozen tears. Azriel took a step closer, and the four guards matched his movement.

"Your daughter is no prisoner. She is mated to one of my warriors, is a dear family member now.  She does not belong to your Court," Rhysand answered. Beron's eyes narrowed onto the red hair that whipped in the wind behind Rhysand's arm. A wicked smile stretched across his face.

"Aurora, darling, come meet your father. We have much to talk about," Beron cooed, his sword raising to Elain's throat. A growl of warning rumbled through Azriel's chest. Aurora swallowed, looking up at Rhysand. He didn't look down at her. She had killed her brother in cold blood, stood in front of her ex husband. She had survived being taken by the High Lord of the Spring Court; she could survive meeting her father. Aurora stepped out from behind Rhys, snow crunching at her feet.

"Do not. We will get Elain back without sacrificing you." Rhysand's voice filled her mind. Aurora's stare hardened on Beron.

"I will not let Feyre's sister suffer for me. She may have exposed the truth, but she does not deserve to die at the hand of him. I will not follow orders from you."