ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 8: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔖𝔥𝔞𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔰

Daemon knew he needed to speak to his sister, alone

Daemon knew he needed to speak to his sister, alone. He had waited until late in the night to come to her door. Frynne was not an idiot, she has set up her bed in-front of the door and Daemon nearly tripped over her when he tried to sneak in. Frynne had grabbed his ankle and if not for quick reflexes, he would've lost a few teeth to the floorboards.

"Release me!" Daemon hissed in a whisper. Frynne sat up but did not release her grip on his ankle. She smirked and tossed the blanket off of her lap. Daemon managed to pull his ankle away and scampered to gain his footing. "You bitch!"

Frynne had grabbed at his leg before he could blink. Daemon tried to shake the woman off but ended up with his back into the mattress with Frynne holding a dagger to his throat. "What is your business with the Princess?"

"None of your fucking business!" Daemon easily overpowered the maid, knocking her off of him and Naerys startled awake.

"Frynne? Brother?" She wiped the sleepiness from her eyes. Daemon bucked up to Frynne and stared her down as the woman stood again, brushing off her nightgown. "What's going on?"

"I need to talk to you." Daemon sat beside the still sleepy Frynne. The young girl stretched her arms above her head and blinked a couple of times so her eyes grew custom to the darkness. Frynne tucked her blade but into her bosom and moved around the bed to Naerys' free side. She kneeled beside the princess and pushed her hair away from her face.

"Tell me to remove him, and I will at once."

"I would like to see you attempt that." Daemon hissed. Naerys sat up in her bed and Frynne was quick to cover her in her robe. Naerys used Frynne's arm for balance as she stood.

"Let us walk." Naerys released her maids arm when she felt steady enough to stand on her own. Frynne still kept fairly close until Daemon scurried to Naerys side and allowed her to hold his arm. "If I am not back in an hour, send the hounds." Naerys joked to Frynne. But Frynne was not entirely sure if it was supposed to be humorous or not.

The night wind was blistering against Naerys face. She could feel the pinpricks of water splashing against her cheeks. Daemon had brought her to very top of the tower that overlooked the beach. It was so high Naerys thought if she reached out she could touch the moon. "If you have taken me here to convince me to rid myself of this child, spare your breath." Naerys looked over the edge and into the sea.

Daemon seemed to have walked away from her. Naerys was certain he had just abandoned her at the peak of Dragonstone. However he turned the corner with a swaddled blanket close to his chest. This piqued her interest and she lifted a brow.

"Did you bring me another babe in place of ours?"

"Something along those lines." Daemon pulled back the blanket from what he cradled. It was an egg. A rather large egg indeed. Naerys jaw dropped and she carefully reached out to touched the heated scales. They burned so hot it was almost enough to sear her flesh. "Think of it as a gift for the child."

"Our child needs it's father. Not a dragon." Naerys removed her hands from the egg and examined it from afar. "Where did you steal this from? Caraxes has never laid an egg before."

"Aemma died in childbirth." Daemon covered the egg back up from the cold winds. "A son. This was his dragon egg." Naerys scoffed and threw her hands up in the air. Daemon sat aside the egg back in its hidden cauldron behind the barrels and chased after Naerys.

"Sister."

"Shut up."

"Please listen to me."

"You do not even think our child worthy of it's own egg? You are the most idiotic-" Naerys turned on her heel and shoved her finger into Daemon's chest. "Selfish-!" She jabbed her finger into her brothers chest over and over. "Dim witted-"

Daemon grabbed her wrist and pulled the girl in for a heated kiss. Their mouths moved as one and all arguments from Naerys seized for the moment. She had missed him so. She could feel the fiery connection they both had and the way it felt as if their souls glided as one. Naerys pushed Daemon away and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. Daemon wore a smug smirk and Naerys reacted before she gave it a second thought. She had struck him across the cheek and the slap rang loud and true.

Naerys was panting heavy. She had a hand on her swollen belly and one covering her mouth while she glared at her brother. Daemon wiped his split lip and hissed at the slight sign of blood on his fingers. "That is not the thank you I was expecting."

"I hate you." Naerys voice was filled with poison. Daemon dropped his hand and his back was hunched in defeat. He scanned Naerys opposite eyes. She had meant those words. "You bring a second wife into our home. You leave me after deflowering me and you give me a stolen fucking egg!" Naerys voice was well above a bellow now.

"We are both outcast. Hear my words," Daemon carefully reached for Naerys hand. He flinched just a bit when Naerys pulled away from him again. "We were born to burn together. There is no place in the world for people like us. Let me protect you. If you stay here, many people will come for the child."

"Then they will have to tear them from my cold fucking corpse." Naerys hands were fisted into balls by her side. She felt the urge to strike her brother again. She knew that was not a wise decision, as the child in her belly was stirring from her anger alone.

"And they will. We cannot be together the way you wish. I will not allow my selfish needs to put you in danger." Daemon wiped his mouth again and took a pouch from his pocket. It was filled to the brim with coins. "I have a ship loaded with chests full of coin. Take what you must. Mysaria is to be used as a distraction. If I can create an even bigger rumor then perhaps you can fade into the shadows once more." Daemon tried to drop the coin into Naerys hand but she pulled her hand back and the bag fell to the ground.

The leather tore open and coins scattered over the cold rock. Naerys did not even move to look down. Her gaze was locked to Daemon's and she shook her head in disbelief. "That is what I have always done. I have always, faded to the shadows." Naerys did not want to cry. She did not want to show weakness to her brother. Daemon ran a hand over his head and he paced.

"My brother's cock-suckers will send a fucking army after that egg." Daemon grabbed Naerys arms and gave her a firm shake. Naerys drew her arms up around her stomach. "Take it. I do not care if you sell it or keep it for your own needs. Before the sun rises I need you gone."

Naerys only smirked and stuck her tongue into the corner of her mouth before looking back up to Daemon. "Fuck. you."