five

| ⊱✿⊰ |

madelinez • 35m

——————

"I feel like such a damn tourist." I say to myself as i continue taking photos of the campus. I panned the camera down to my wrist, seeing Letitia's gift shine brightly.

LAST NIGHT!

"You didn't have to come up with me to my room, you know?" I said, opening my hotel room door with the card with a click.

"Just wanted to make sure you were safe." She said, giving me a small smile. I pretended to be shocked. "I could defend myself. Marvel didn't make me take those classes for nothing." I said, flipping my braids back. She gave me the same glare from the dorm scene when I tried to leave for class.

"Don't give me the Shuri look." I said, noticing she was a little bit closer to me. "Well, I wanted to see your face when you open the gift." She said, putting her hands behind her back and licking her lips.

"Well, you just gonna stare or are you gonna open the door, Mads?" She smirked, looking at me dead in the eyes. The door had been open the whole time and I walked inside, leaving room for her to walk in.

I stood at the door after closing it and quickly collected myself before my knees fall out. I could see her standing by the large windows, looking out for the nighttime view.

"I'm sure your view is much nicer than mine." I said, not noticing her turn around and look at me as I said my sentence. I took off my shoes and stretched a little, groaning at the feeling.

"Nah, i think this one is better." She said with a soft smile as her hands were behind her back. I gave her a smile and walked to the bedside table. The tension in the air could be cut with a knife. Her perfume scent was still on my clothes and the way we were looking at each other was suggesting something.

I eventually sat down on the bed with the gift in my hand. "You can sit anywhere you like." I said to her, feeling her eyes on me. She opted to sit right next to me and before I could open the gift.

"I do hope you like it. I tried to match your personality with it, even though I don't know much about you yet." It was as if her entire demeanour changed and she was back to being the shy yet extroverted Letitia the world knows.

"Thank you again for this." She smiled. "Don't even know what it is yet girl!" She said, putting on an American accent which made us laugh.

I opened the bag and I take out a not-so-light box from the 'welcome!' gift bag. It was written 'Van Cleef &Arpels' on top in gold and the feeling of the box being in my hands was surreal. I looked at her with disbelief as she had the biggest smile on her face.