one

MASSACHUSETTS (MA)

MASSACHUSETTS (MA)

2020

"Yes Ma, I'm all moved in and I'm okay, I need to get ready because we're in Massachusetts right now." I said, using one hand to control the tv and the other holding my phone.

"I know, I just wanted to make sure. I'm so proud of you and just know that we love you, okay?" My mom said. I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"I love you guys more but go get some sleep, it's late that side." My mom just laughed and wished me goodnight and then she hung up the phone.

After the screen test, I had flown back home to wait for the results. Two weeks later, i had gotten the news that I got the role and my own show on Disney+ for 2023. After my friends and family threw me a small party, my dad surprised me with an apartment in Atlanta. "I have people who know people" he had said.

The very same night, I had gotten a call from Melissa that I had to be there in two month's time to get everything ready on my side. During the two months, I had done a lot. I learnt my lines for the whole movie that were given to me on the day of the screen test. I began the moving process early, I started working out and swimming a lot and I had left my job which was a bit emotional.

I eventually moved a month later to Atlanta and got settled a few weeks ago. The filming process had started before I moved and they had given me time to used to everything before I start filming.

I switched my music on the tv to play one of my playlists as my phone was connected to the tv. I had just finished getting ready and now I had to choose an outfit. It wasn't that hot outside so I went for a one-shoulder crop top and sweatpants with my air force 1s. They did say to dress comfortably.

I grabbed my tote bag and packed everything I needed for the day, including a hoodie if I get cold. I leave my hotel room and get to the lobby where the driver, that Marvel hired for me, had been waiting for me for 5 minutes.

We exchange greetings and make our way to MIT which was the set for the dorm scene. I visited the dorm yesterday with a few crew members and it's beautiful, better than what i had back home.

After saying bye to the driver, I immediately saw Bronwyn and I walked towards her, luckily she wasn't talking to anyone. Bronwyn had been assigned as my assistant because of the close bond we shared and that she changed from casting to being with the cast.

"Oh hey Maddy!" She saw me and hugged me. I hugged back and stood next to her. "So, you need to go change into Riri's outfit and fix up your makeup. Do not stare at Letitia too long this time." She said and i have her a look of confusion.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. She kept quiet with a smile on her face and carried on with whatever she was doing before I got here.

I saw the main stylist, Tao, walk over to me while waving at me with a huge smile on her face. When she got to me, she hugged me really tight. "I haven't seen you in a full 24 hours, can you believe it?" She pulled away from the hug and smiled.

"Girl please, I missed you too." Both Bronwyn and Tao would be considered as my friends as we were always talking even though I was in a different country. I was kinda scared of being friends with Lupita, Danai and Letitia because I'm still in my fangirl phase from 4 years ago.

"Mads, let's go. We have to get you ready." She grabbed my hand and led me to my trailer to set everything of mine down and to get ready in there. Tao had to leave to get my stuff which could take a while because she doesn't remember where she put them.

As I took off my many earrings and other jewellery, I set them in the jewellery box I bought for my trailer. After a few minutes, I heard a knock on my door and I thought it was weird for Tao to knock if she just left.

"Come in!" I yelled.

The door opened and I saw Letitia step into the trailer. My breath hitched and my eyes widened. My heart was beating a little faster and my stomach felt like it had butterflies. What the hell?

Letitia looked so good as she had shaved the sides of her head and had curls on top. She was wearing a purple tracksuit that looked like Adidas with sneakers and topped off the outfit with shades.

I swore she looked at me up and down.

"Hey Madeline." And the accent. I had completely forgotten about her accent but it made the butterflies worse.

"Hey Letitia. What brings you to my trailer?" I stood up to greet her and maybe shake her hand to create a bond but she went in for a hug. Because I am shorter than her by a few inches, she hugged around my waist while I hugged her neck. Her perfume was absolutely amazing, it had a sweet scent.

You can imagine the butterflies at this point.

We let go at the same time and I gesture for her to sit on the couch. "Just wanted to check on you. We're gonna go on soon so I just wanted to come by and say hi." She smiled which made me smile.

"Oh. I'm good, thank you for asking. Just a little nervous but if I keep thinking about the Okoye diss, I'll be just fine." I said, chuckling at the thought which made laugh as well.

"Well Letitia-" "just call me Tish, yeah?" And there go the butterflies.

"Okay Tish," I smiled. "How are you feeling? Don't want to assume that you aren't nervous." I said, eventually sitting down on my chair. "I want to look like I'm chilled so that's what I'll tell you." She said with a smile.

After her answer, we hadn't noticed we were staring at each other until Tao walked in the trailer.

"Girl I couldn't find any-" She jerked her head in confusion. "Hey Tish, I see you're dressed already."

Tao's presence shook us out of our thoughts and we turned to face her. "Hi Tao. I saw Danai had already changed so I also decided to change." She had a mischievous smile and Tao shook her head, placing my outfit in front of me.

"Anyways you two. Filming starts in 30 so Mads, you need to change, then you guys can go eat." Tao said, already walking out the trailer as her phone kept ringing in her pocket.

Tish looked at me and stood up, making me look up at her just to see her smirking a little. I stood up, feeling the butterflies full on rage at this point.

"I have to leave now so see you outside, yeah?" She asked and I nodded, not wanting to say a single thing because I know I'll say my thoughts and they are not the cleanest right now.

She walks out, waving at me and closing the door. I quickly looked in the mirror for a little pep talk.

"Bitch, get yo mind out of the gutter!"

KAI'S KORNER 💫

hehe 🤭

hope you enjoyed! 🤍