65

✨surprise✨ ROR shuru hone ki khushi mein

-• a trouble magnet •-

"What!?" I hiss through clenched teeth as he drags me back upstairs and slams the door shut. I wrench my arm from his chain like grip, rubbing the sore spot with a wince. "What's your problem?"

"What's my-" he lowers his voice abruptly and spares a glance behind us before glaring at me. "What's my problem? What the fuck were you doing down there!?" He demands roughly.

I roll my eyes. "I heard something."

"So?" He deadpans.

"So, I went there to check!" I reply with a shrug. It's obvious at this point what I was doing. Agreed, I roll into troubles like my feet have wheels, but this is an orphanage. What worse than a rebellious child can a locked room hide inside?

He places a hand on his hip, and rakes another through his tousled dense black hair. "Tara, you don't enter the locked rooms of every building you visit."

"This is an orphanage your family runs."

"Right. So I own it. Hence, I don't want to see you roaming around the building aimlessly. And I definitely don't want you to poke your head inside every room. Do you get it?" He commands.

I cross my arms on my chest. "Are you done?"

"Taranya," he grits out.

"Duh, fine." I throw my hands in the air and saunter past him. If my mood had a temperature, it'd be hotter than sahara right now. Just because his family owns the building doesn't mean he has a free pass to order me around. I was just curious.

To my dismay, he follows me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and then immediately regret it. "Don't answer that. It was a stupid question."

"You know you're staying the night here, right?" That stops me abruptly. I stare up at him, shocked at the new piece of information. I was not informed about this. Yes, the kids here are great and all, but this place is creepy, Miss. Rose looks two faced woman, the orphanage is owned by the Rajawats and now that Shourya is here, it ultimately means he's staying the night too. And I can't even sleep in new places. I'm a house rat. Does God love to test my patience?

"And you're not?" I try my luck despite the low chances.

"Of course, I am. Why else would I come here?" He shrugs.

I groan and stomp down the corridor, still looking for a place to wash off the stain on my dress. I don't even remember what direction I came from. Why am I so shitty at geography!? "Where's the damn washroom!?" I spin around on my heels, my arms splayed to the side, frustration evident on my face.

Shourya sighs. "Follow me."

I oblige half-heartedly.

He opens a door for me and I peek inside, spotting a wash basin and a mirror. "Don't leave. I won't be able to find my way back."

"As you wish, Esther." He nods, looking exhausted. I don't remember throwing tantrums.

Snorting, I step inside the bathroom and slam the door close on his face. Then regret it immediately. Did that offend him? Did he leave? Shit. "Are you there?"

I hear him chuckle. "Yes, go and do your business."

With a sigh of relief, I step closer to the wash basin and turn on the tap. Since the stain is on the hem of my dress, I've to lift it completely until my waist and bunch the spot to wash off the color under the water. The tap is very weird. It's a little loose and keeps spraying water from the edges.