49

Kofi V.

Days Later- Valentine's Day

Glancing down at my second phone, I refreshed the app, and Lolo's current location was updated. The address hadn't changed from the house in Jersey, but it indicated that I was seeing her location at the current time. Thankfully she wore the two jewelry pieces which kept her location accessible to me. Without both pieces being on her and latched closed, the search would become unsuccessful and fail every time.

Before I left this morning I informed her that breakfast would be delivered around 10:30 from Mom's Kitchen and Bar in Queens. It was one of her favorites whenever we were in the city and since I had work plans that were keeping me busy and also had an appointment with the Tom Ford location in Manhattan at 12:45, we wouldn't be able to make it together. I had been busy but still found the time to check in with her, especially with today being Valentine's Day and me leaving around four this morning. After her breakfast delivery, there was one from Edible Arrangements. She had a dozen chocolate-covered strawberries with white chocolate drizzle and a fruit arrangement. Lastly, there was a local floral shop in Jersey — Bluet Florist. They were the only company I could find with custom blue roses in close proximity.

Everything besides her breakfast had been thought out and prepared for today. I knew when I got into the city I'll have to set up meetings to start the greenhouse work along with Steve Lobel, who was helping me build my own strain of marijuana. Last month I finally had everything in line to land me in the legal weed world as a felon. It was one reason I love just being in New York now.

Nonetheless, to now to make a profit off the drug would come later on down the line. The first thing to do was create my own strain, The Streetz Pak. It was a lengthy process, starting at three to six weeks to fertilize then two months of storing the seeds, before growing them for another three months inside the greenhouse. Which also was a lengthy process of building and operating for such a plant to grow and fertilize inside of.

The deli, Loud Pak Deli, was in its final stages now. It has been completely stripped internally. New flooring was the final major step of the process. Following that would be any last minute touch ups and a business inspection. The roof assessment had been conducted, fixing any issues within the roofing area of my store. New freezers were installed, and on the same day, I had Cole put in a security system.

On top of that electrical and plumbing had been checked so light fixtures could be done. My mama found the perfect interior design team, even coming out to New York with me and Lolo about a month ago to sit in on the painting job and ordering of glass cases for the store. For the exterior progress, I had a mural painted, using the designers as a source. The painting showcased the New York and Houston's skylines, but mixed together. It was done to fit inside the glass of the windows and front doors.

Lolo had been there through the entire process. Even when it got frustrating, she was holding it down. Helping me with marketing the store, which was important as a non-New Yorker. She wasn't my employee, even though I made the joke, but she was helped me utilizing my Instagram in order to promote the opening of the store. Behind the scenes of the progress inside the deli and the greenhouse work. It was gaining the proper attraction. Iola joked that my "good looks" were helping also.

"Mr. Valentino?" I looked up from the second phone, sliding it inside my hoodie. The saleswoman approached with a copy receipt of the Tom Ford transaction. "We have you all packaged up, your total today was $1476.77," I nodded, accepting my Amex and ID from her. "Lastly, just sign this copy for me, please."