A Promise to be kept

Beginne am Anfang

A knight of the Order is kneeling down at the outskirts of the battle, "It's... It's impossible..." Says the man, but the devil merely walks past.

Recognizing his silver hair, "H-hey! Vergil, what the hell are you doing here?" The knights of the order had become quite well acquainted with the half-devil, especially considering....

"Trying to steal the spotlight again huh?!?" The man was dark in skin tone, a man with blood running down his face.

He growled at the half-devil, "You always show up... Dammit." Suddenly, the half-devil had a sword in his hand... His sword.

Looking down, the knight blinks as he realizes in a split second Vergil has taken the sword from him.

"I'll give it back."

And without a further word, Vergil disappears into thin air, in burst of speed appearing at the very side of the massive demon, it's mindless howling echoing throughout the land as Vergil levied a single strike through its arm; the huge appendage is severed in a single blow.

And with his might, Vergil kicks off the appendage and sends it careening towards the recoiling demon; the colossus falls through several trees and collapses, its severed appendage rolling off.

Flipping in the air several times, Vergil lands on his feet in a crouched position before assessing his next move. He stands to his full height and looks to his weapon, the sword he'd appropriated was drenched in blood and sinew.

As was he.

The various knights and Order of the sword warriors turn to see Vergil, shock etched across their features. The half-devil then brings the blade up to his face, inspecting it further.

"Terribly crafted... surprised it even cut through so well." It was mangled and bent from the force of his blow, and so he merely tossed it away back towards the knight he took it from.

Of course, the ground continued to shake as the demon got up again, Growling in actual anger now. Vergil glanced backwards towards the villagers as they continued their screams and made haste to escape.

The demon on the other hand, only had one target now... "Sparda... I can smell... Sparda..." Vergil smirks at the voice, so small and vapid...

He begins to slowly edge his way towards the recovering demon. Such a large demon had somehow made it to the physical world, perhaps the forest and its mysteries were to blame?

No matter.

Vergil stared down the demon, "So... You thought it prudent to terrorize this town? With your giant size, you thought it easy?" Vergil snarled as the demon growled at the sight of him, muttering the same name over and over.

"Sparda..."

Vergil stood against the demon, his puny form silhouetted by the growing inferno ahead... Spines and demonic growth appearing across the demon's body, enraged! It's eyes burn a searing red, and with a mighty roar that sends trees and men flying away...

He coils his remaining fist back, rippling demonic tissue and muscle foretelling hell on Earth. But the half-devil stands against these hurricane force winds, unimpressed.

And as the fist slowly descends from his eyes, Vergil sighs and raises an arm, blue lightning coiling around his body and runes beginning to appear into existence.

And then the fist connects.

Vergil hardly reacts as winds kick up around him and a single word exits from his mouth, a foretelling of annihilation.

"Devil, trigger..."

The resounding explosion would be remembered for years to come, a chorus of lightning and blue energy vaporizing the surrounding area and knocking away all the OTS knights. Standing at the base of a smoldering crater, Vergil can smell the copper scent of blood, covered head to toe in guts, the steaming viscera slides off of his body.