Chapter Thirty-Four: Guess Who's Back! Hint: It's not Slim Shady.

Začať od začiatku

"Shit, shit, shit!" You shouted.

"What?! Who is that?"

As soon as Kusuo spoke, the knocking stopped. The horror that ran through your veins was indescribable. Adrenaline ran through your veins while your heart pounded against your chest.

"I...I think I should stay here. To keep you saf-"

"No!"

Kusuo's eyes widened in shock and hurt while you desperately tried to fix the damage.

"I-I just...I don't want him to hurt you."

The previous emotions were wiped from Kusuo's face with a mix of gratefulness and horror.

"I-I'll go, Y/N, but you better tell me about this tomorrow. Promise?"

You stood up and looked down at the floor shamefully. "I promise, Kusuo." You said. He kissed you lightly on your head and quickly sped out of your apartment.

A few seconds went but as you stood silently in the middle of your apartment, you felt the ever so familiar eyes of Vincent.

It was just like before you came to Japan. You knew that, even despite your parents saying it could be a new start, that you couldn't get away from this stupid curse.

The stupid curse that made someone love you. Even if it was cute at first with Vincent's letters in your lockers. Or him sneaking through your window to hang out with you in the middle of the night, things quickly escalated.

Clothes went missing. You noticed him lingering around for a little too long sometimes and even when you told him to stop.

He said he couldn't. That you tasted so good. And he just wouldn't for hours on end. Those "meetups" usually lasted with you throwing your guts up while he calmly watched at the mess he created.

Even people started disappearing. Your maid? Gone. Your best friend? Gone.

All without a trace.

The thought and constant worrying that you were next horrified you so much to the point that Vincent had to stay over most nights to "protect you".

Smiling at your previous nativity, you let the pathetic feeling wash over you.

That, you think, is the greatest trick he ever played. The feeling of security that he gave made you cling onto him even harder.

Even the teachers that once resented you for being the schools trouble maker started to get concerned. You remembered their warnings about Vincent.

You should have listened.

You should have ran.

But the feeling of someone caring about you...

It felt so good.

Even if it was from the curse.

You remembered the day it all went south and his true mental state began to show. Being honest with yourself, it wasn't that long ago.

The weeks prior the red flags started to show. Your parents had went out on another business trip, classic material for something to go wrong, and Vincent came into your window.

"Hey, Y/N, wanna go for a drive?" He asked.

"Hell yeah!" You smiled.

Both of you holding hands and going into his car. You had always liked his car. The smell reminded you of the woods. That was ironic now that you knew why but it was somewhat calming.

"Where are we going?" You asked him. His hands tightened anxiously on the wheel.

"You'll see. It's a surprise, dummy." He ruffled your hair and continued driving.

A few minutes later, you realized that you were driving down an extremely concerning dark road leading deeper and deeper into the forest.

"Hey, Vinnie...Maybe we should be more careful. There's still a murderer out here, ya' know!"

"Y/N? Scared? What did you do to my girlfriend?" He joked, punching your rib with his elbow playfully.

"Girlfriend?" Blushing at the thought of having someone as sweet and kind as Vincent as your boyfriend.

"Hm...you really don't know, do you?" As quick as a snap, the mood of the room changed. His playful demeanor was gone and replaced with a serious one.

He then suddenly parked infront of a rusted red gate with a thick padlock on it. The trees loomed over the area and the darkness around it seemed to close in.

Vincent quickly hopped out of the car and strolled over to the padlock. With a small smile, he looked back at you and clicked the lock open with the turn of the key.

The gate swung open with a disgustingly long creak while he sprinted back into his large truck.

"Hey, Y/N," Vincent said, grabbing your attention, "do you ever think loving someone too much is possible?"

"Huh? No, of course not. I think that's why some people say "I love you to the moon and back" 'cause they can't express how much they love each other!"

"Hm...I agree, so, Y/N." The car suddenly stopped in the middle of the path. The engine calmed down and lightly hummed at you and Vincent stared at each other. "I love you more than to the moon and back."