Chapter 5

The spring is fresh and fearless
And every leaf is new,
The world is brimmed with moonlight,
The lilac brimmed with dew.
Here in the moving shadows
I catch my breath and sing,
My heart is fresh and fearless
And over-brimmed with spring.
- Sara Teasdale

After Aries explains to me what pizza is, he pulls out a square thing the man had previously used

After Aries explains to me what pizza is, he pulls out a square thing the man had previously used. I watch as he taps on it and then holds it to his face. I look at him, confused, as he begins to talk about it. I lean closer when I hear a voice coming from it.

My eyes widen as I look at the square. I crawl closer, putting my ear near it as Aries talks, "That's all, thank you." He taps at the screen, then puts the phone down on his lap, turning to me. I lean forward, my head going towards his lap.

"Hello?"

I say this to the square, but it doesn't respond. Aries grunts and shifts in his seat. "Baby, don't do that." I lean back, looking at him confused, as he has a strange look on his face that Master would sometimes get.

I look at him confused, but nod. We continue to watch the TV until there is suddenly a knock at the door, causing me to jump and look at it in fear. Aries is quick to put my fears to rest. "It's okay, it's just the food." I nod and watch as he opens the door.

I see a man standing there with a box in his hands. Aries hands the man green paper from his bottom clothing. Then the man hands Aries the box before leaving. Aries shuts the door and walks over to me, sitting it down on the table in front of me.

I smile at him in thanks before looking at the box, confused. I wait for him to open the box and get a triangle thing out, watching him bite into it. "Go ahead, Baby" he says, nodding to the 'pizza. I reach forward and grab one, bringing it to my nose and sniffing it.

My eyes widen at the smell as I take a small bite, moaning at the taste. I hear Aries choke on his pizza next to me. I look at him in worry. "Are you okay?" I am concerned, remembering the time when I choked on my bread and Master had to hit my back really hard.

He nods but continues to choke, so I reach my hand back and hit his back as hard as I can. He grunts before taking a sip of his drink, which he got us both while we waited for the food. I watch him worriedly as I wait, my pizza long forgotten.

"I'm okay," he finally grunts, not looking at me as he places a pillow over his lap. "Just don't make those noises, okay?" I nod even though I don't understand and go back to eating my pizza. We eat in silence while I watch TV, giggling occasionally as the yellow square I now know as SpongeBob does something funny.

After we finish eating, Aries gives me a tour of his home. He shows me a kitchen where he stores and makes meals, then down a hallway. In the hallway are four doors, all of which have different things inside. One of them has a bathroom in it, while another holds what he told me are coats. The last two doors hold beds; one is Aries, while the other doesn't belong to anyone.