"Morana, we protect you not the other way around." Elio said putting his hands on my shoulders.

"No. I—" I stop and take a deep breath. "I'm gonna go to my room." I take a step back and point my finger at Dom glaring. "Just rest."

I find my phone in the kitchen where Kieran left it and go to my room. I click on the conversation between me and the unknown number, Gabriel. I need to do something— anything.

Give me more time (a/n: her conversation with Gabriel is in french). I send.

And not even a few seconds later I get a response.

You and I both know that you don't need time to get this mission done.

I do. They saw the videos. They don't want me anymore. You were right, they are evil.

I lied and I will keep lying if that's what will take for me to save my ass.

You're lying. I know they care about you.

Not anymore. They promised me to someone, they want me to get married. And you know that I will do everything to stop them from doing that.

You're lying.

I don't lie. And you know it.

Yes. But you will do anything to save yourself. I know you Morana. I raised you.

Look, either you give me time and you will finally get rid of the Cortellos. Or you let everyone see what's yours. I don't see how you're winning.

I will do and say anything to get more time.

Fine. How much time do you need?

A week.

That won't do it.

A week and I kill them all.

I know you're strong Morana but you're not that strong.

I have a plan. I know what I'm doing. Give me a week.

Fine. Seven days.
I see you got back to your senses, we are your people.

Yes. I made a mistake.

I for sure didn't. I hid my phone before walking towards my bedroom's door but it opens in my face startling me revealing Kieran who closed the door behind him. We stared at each other for like a minute before I spoke because the silence is killing me. "What's up?"

"Sit." He said as he walked towards my desk and sat on my chair. I took a seat on my bed facing him. I am having a bad feeling about whatever is happening right now.

"What is it?" I asked nervous. "Is Dom okay?" Now I'm fucking scared.

"He's fine." He said looking at his hands that are on his lap before he looked at me in my eyes. "I really hope I'm wrong." He said and now I'm confused and more scared and more nervous, Kieran never wants to be wrong. "I hope it was just one of those random messages that underground people send."

Messages? There's no way he saw them. I took his phone. There's no way he saw them. There's no way he knows. There's just no fucking way. Morana keep calm.. he's talking about something else. Deep down I know he isn't.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You gave me your phone to call Milo. I did then I tried closing the app but I don't know how I opened another app, the messages app. And there were videos—"