𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊

Start from the beginning

Aiyla stepped back. The crow on her shoulder gave a squawk of distain.

"Not a hugger either," Enid turned to Wednesday, "You two will get along great."

Her eyes flickered to the Addam's girl, and Aiyla observed her for a moment. "Phiranas," she said.

"Throwing knife," Wednesday replied.

"She's right, the two of you seem like a perfect fit," Bahadir noted.

Weebs smiled fakely, "Wednesday, why don't you show Aiyla to the registrar's office to get her uniform and schedule. Give her a tour too."

Wednesday said nothing and left the room, beckoning for Aiyla to follow.

They descended the stairs in silence, with only the clicks of their heeled shoes to fill the air.

Suddenly, Wednesday spoke, "How did you get out of the family of that boy pressing charges?"

Aiyla smirked, "I can be very persuasive."

"Poison?" Wednesday guessed, and Aiyla nodded in response. "I'm assuming you know the history of this godforsaken penitentiary so I'm not going to relay the sanitized sales pitch."

"Of course."

They made their way into a hall, and Aiyla stopped by the trophy cabinet, eyeing a picture of a handsome boy holding an axe. "That's my crazy, axe-wielding, older brother. He went to school here ages ago. Managed to kill three people."

Wednesday nodded and threw open a pair of double doors, leading them into an ourdoor area full of people. "They call this the 'quad' but it's a pentagon."

"Idiots," Aiyla sighed. "Let me guess, vampires, werewolves, sirens, gorgons?"

"And a few others," Wednesday mused. They walked through the quad, making their way to the registrar's office

They passed a tall boy, with long brown hair, who painted a mural on the wall. Onyx - the crow on Aiyla's shoulder - gave a squawk, and she turned to look at the painting.

It was beautiful, with huge, fluffy clouds and a pristine blue sky. The focus of the painting, however, was a large crow, soaring in the air. It looked so lifelike that Aiyla felt as if she could put her hand into the picture and pull the elements out.

"That's Onyx."

"What?"

The boy, the artist, ran a hand through his hair and looked down at Aiyla in confusion. But his eyes widened in surprise when he saw the crow on her shoulder. Onyx took to the sky, fluttering her wings and flew off. When she passed the clouds, it was the exact image depicted in the painting.

Strange.

Aiyla crossed her arms, "Who are you?"

"Xavier Thorpe."

"An idiot," Wednesday interrupted.

Xavier rolled his eyes and walked a step closer to Aiyla and put his paint covered hand out for her to shake. "And you are?"

Aiyla sucked in a large intake of breath as she looked up at him. He really was tall. 

The pitfalls of being 4ft 10.2''.

The 0.2'' was important.

"Aiyla Demir," she ignored his hand and turned walking away and flicking her braid over her shoulder as she and Wednesday left. "I'll see you around," she called over her shoulder.

"Stay away from him," Wednesday told her.

"Because he's hot?" Aiyla questioned.

"Because he's stupid," the pigtailed girl corrected.

If he can paint my bird without even seeing her, then there's more to him then it seems.

"What's your snap?" Aiyla asked.

"I find social media to be a meaningless void of soul-sucking affirmation," mused Wednesday.

"Social media is an easy tool for stalking," she revealed, "It's so much less hassle to track down your victims."

"I'll consider it," Wednesday said.

...

"You look gorgeous."

"I look like I'm in a Catholic prep school."

"Or an Islamic school."

Aiyla sighed and looked up at Bahadir. She stuffed her hands into the pockets of her black blazer. Thankfully, Weebs had let her have the same uniform as Wednesday. The blue pinstriped uniform really gave off a clown effect.

"You better call me all the time," Bahadir demanded, "I want gossip."

"Only if I get my privacy," Aiyla replied, "You relinquish your ties to Onyx. No more spying on me."

He smirked, "Already done."

Aiyla nodded, and turned on her heel, ready to leave - but she turned back and threw herself into her older brother's arms. "If you die, I'm going to kill you, Abi."

Bahadir laughed and wrapped her in his arms tightly, "I'm going to miss you too, Bacı."

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and stepped away from him. The two siblings shared a glance, a thousand words in that one look, and then she turned away for good, walked away and didn't look back.