the one with ross' new girlfriend

third person pov

rachel waited in the airport, flowers in hand, for ross. everyone else waited in the girl's apartment, hoping to see a happy couple stumbling through the door. 

"i'm telling you, she went to the airport, and she's gonna go for it with ross!" monica exclaims, cleaning the kitchen around her. gianna stood with her brother, chandler beside them as they watched monica. 

"oh my god. this is huge. this is bigger than huge." phoebe begins to pace around the kitchen. "this is like, all right, what's bigger than huge?" she turns to joey and gianna, uncertain expressions covering their faces. 

"um, this?" 

"yes." there is a pause in conversation as monica glances at gianna, joey and chandler closely. 

"guys, you got your hair cut?" she asks, pointing at the trio's hair. gianna thread her fingers through her fresh hair, or rather, what wasn't pulled back into the bun at the back of her head. 

"yes, yes, we did, thanks to vidal buffay." chandler smiles, jostling phoebe's shoulders. 

"cause, you know, if you don't look good, we don't look good." phoebe smirks, speaking in an accent. "i love that voice." she giggles to herself before noticing gianna fiddling with her hairline. "oh! you haven't even seen the best bit! gianna!" the group turns to the blonde, watching her flush a deep shade of red. 

"oh, phoebe, i don't know." 

"c'mon! don't you like it?!" phoebe pretends to be hurt, a shocked expression on her face. 

"pheebs! no!" she pauses, "alright." gently, gianna pulls her hair from the bun, her fingers tangling with the front before revealing her fresh bangs. windswept rather than proper and straight. feather-like and not full. 

"oh my gosh! gianna!" 

"gigi!" 

"yeah, yeah i know! they were growing out and i loved them so much when i had them last time, so i asked phoebe to fix them up!" gianna continues to deepen in shade, glancing around the group. her gaze lands of chandler and he couldn't try to pull the smile away from his lips. an exasperated laugh falls from his mouth and the front door bursts open. 

"airport, airport. ross, not alone. julie. arm around her. oh! cramp, cramp!" rachel couldn't string sentences together, breathing out hard as she doubled over in the doorway. 

"ok, i think she's trying to tell us something. quick, get the verbs." chandler makes a joke, and rachel is quick to throw her purse at him. 

"you, you, you said he liked me!" she shouts, continuing to hit him until ross appears in the doorway, and not alone. "you, you slowpokes!" rachel teases, wiggling her finger at ross and the girl. 

"that's all right, rach, we got the bags. hi, hello, julie, this is my sister monica." ross starts the introductions, hugging everyone as he goes around the room. "chandler, joey." he continues, "gianna and phoebe. everyone, this is julie." 

"julie." rachel breathes out, gesturing towards the girl still in the doorway. 

"hi, but i'm not here, you haven't met me. i'll make a much better first impression tomorrow when i don't have 20 hours of cab and plane on me." julie smiles, waving to everyone. 

"and bus." 

"oh my god." 

"you gotta here this story-" 

"-and the chicken poops in her lap!" rachel interrupts, the group turning to her. "oh, i'm so sorry. i just gave away the ending, didn't i? oh! it's just, i just heard this story in the cab, and it is all i can think about." everyone could tell her laugh was forced, watching as she reaches for a glass in the cabinet.