the one with two parts: part one

third person pov

"i don't know whether he's testing me, or just acting out, but my monkey is out of control. he keeps erasing the messages on my machine, 'supposedly' by accident." ross complains. beside him, gianna nods understandingly. 

"no, yeah, i've done that." rachel adds, standing near the couch. 

"and then, like three days in a row he got to the newspaper before i did, and peed all over the crossword." ross groans and again gianna nods. 

"i've never done that." rachel continues, screwing up her nose. 

"look, ross, i'll have a look into some things and get back to you." gianna smiles. "i want to help as much as i can." ross smiles brightly in thanks before chandler and joey approach the group. 

"hey guys."

"hey pheebs, guess who we saw today." joey smiles, sitting on the chair beside the couch. 

"ooh, ooh, fun! okay...um liam neeson." phoebe guesses, getting excited. 

"nope." 

"morly safer." 

"nope."

"the woman who cuts my hair!" 

"okay, look, this could be a really long game." monica interrupts, a forced smile on her face. 

"your sister ursula." chandler replies, sitting on the arm of the couch beside phoebe. 

"oh, really." phoebe's face drops at the mention of her sister. 

"yeah, yeah, she works over at that place, uh..." 

"riffs. yeah, i know." phoebe finishes for chandler and the boys look at her confused. 

"oh, you do? because she said you guys haven't talked in like years." chandler asks curiously and phoebe shrugs.

"hmmm? yeah. so, um, is she fat?" phoebe asks and joey smirks. 

"not from where i was standing." he replies and gianna glares at him as phoebe turns to chandler. 

"where were you standing?" 

"um, pheebs, so you guys just don't get along?" rachel asks, leaning against the back of the couch. 

"it's mostly just dumb sister stuff, you know, i mean, like, everyone always thought of her as the pretty one, you know...oh, oh, she was the first one to start walking, even though i did it...later that same day. but to my parents, by then it was like 'yeah, right, well what else is new?'" phoebe replies, her body slumped. 

"oh, pheebs, i'm sorry, i've got to go. i've got lamaze class." ross says, standing from the couch. 

"oh, and i've got earth science, but i'll catch you in gym." chandler jokes and ross glares at him. 

"so, is this just gonna be you and carol?" gianna questions, looking up from the couch. 

"no, susan's gonna be there too .we've got dads, we've got lesbians, the whole parenting team."  ross groans. 

"well, isn't, isn't that gonna be weird?" rachel asks and ross shakes his head. 

"no, no." he picks up a jacket distracted. "i mean, it mighta been at first, but by now, i, i think i'm pretty comfortable with the whole situation." he finishes. whilst he had been talking, he had put a jacket on. 

"ross, that's my jacket." monica points out and ross nods. 

"i know." everyone grins as ross removes monica's 'girly' jacket, grabs his own and rushes out.