the one with two parts: part two

third person pov

whilst monica takes rachel to the hospital, gianna, chandler, joey and ross are lounging in central perk. chandler had split the newspaper so joey could read the funnies whilst gianna read the news over chandler's shoulder. she was curled up in a ball, cup of coffee hugged to her chest as chandler leaned back into her slightly, holding the paper out in order for her to see. beside them in the arm chair,  ross stared into space. 

"i had a dream last night where i was playing football with my kid." ross mutters, looking up from the floor. 

"that's nice." the others chorus, not taking their eyes off of what they were doing. 

"no, no, with him." ross repeats, proceeding to mime holding the baby like a football as soon as the other three looked up. "i'm on this field, and they, they hike me the baby..." ross begins and gianna looks at him with a furrow in her brow "...and i, i know i've gotta do something cause the tampa bay defence is comin' right at me." he continues and joey shakes his head. 

"tampa bay's got a terrible team." he replies and ross shakes his head. 

"right, but it is just me and the baby, so i'm thinkin they can take us. and so, i uh, hah-hah, i just heave it down field." ross adds and gianna's eyes widen. 

"what are you crazy?" she stammers, looking over at chandler. 

"that's a baby!"

"he should take the sack?" joey continues and ross shakes his head again. 

"anyway, suddenly i'm down field, and i realise that i'm the one who's supposed to catch him, right? only i know there is no way i'm gonna get there in time, so i am running, and running, and that, that is when i woke up. see i, i am so not ready to be a father." ross groans, looking over at the three. 

"hey, you're gonna be fine." chandler tries and ross shakes his head. 

"ross, you're one of the most caring, most  responsible men in north america. you're gonna made a great dad." gianna smiles and ross smiles weakly back. 

"yeah, ross. you and the baby just need better blocking." joey adds and ross nods his head, feeling a little bit better. "oh, have any of you guys ever been to the rainbow room? is it real expensive?" joey continues and chandler shrugs. 

"well, only if you order stuff." he jokes and gianna looks at her brother confused. 

"i'm taking ursula tonight. it's her birthday." joey smiles and ross comes back with a cup of coffee. 

"wo-wo-whoa. what about phoebe's birthday?" ross asks and joey shakes his head. 

"when's that?" 

"tonight." gianna replies, looking at her brother in disbelief. 

"oh, man. what're the odds of that happening?" joey scoffs, contemplating his ill fortune. the other three share a look before turning back to joey. 

"you take your time." ross mumbles, waiting for joey to have a moment of realisation. 

"there it is!" chandler exclaims as joey smiles in realisation. "so what're you gonna do?" 

"what can i do? look, i don't want to do anything to screw it up with ursula." joey explains and gianna looks at her brother. 

"and your friend phoebe?" she asks, hoping to get through to him.

"well, if she's my friend, hopefully she'll understand. i mean, wouldn't you guys?" joey replies and gianna scoffs, sitting back on the couch.