the one with the sonogram at the end

third person pov

"what you guys don't understand is, for us, kissing is as important as any part of it." monica argues. everyone was in the coffee house, seated lazily at their regular spot. 

"yeah, right!" there was a pause. "y'serious?" joey stammers. 

"oh, yeah!" phoebe exclaims. 

"everything you need to know is in that first kiss." rachel explains, taking a break from her job. 

"absolutely." monica confirms. 

"yeah, i think for us, kissing is pretty much like an opening act, y'know? i mean it's like the stand-up comedian you have to sit through before pink floyd comes out." chandler explains, sitting on the arm of gianna's chair. 

"yeah, and-and it's not that we don't like the comedian, it's that-that...that's now why e bought the ticket." ross continues and gianna rolls her eyes. 

"the problem is, though, after the concert's over, no matter how great the show was, you girls are always looking for the comedian again, y'know? i mean, we're in the car, we're fighting traffic...basically just trying to stay awake." chandler finishes and gianna hits his leg. 

"yeah, well, word of advice." she begins. "bring back the comedian. otherwise next time you're gonna find yourself sitting at home, listening to that album alone." she finishes and the other girls nod their heads in agreement. 

"are we still talking about sex?" joey asks and everyone bursts into laughter. 

"alright children, i have to continue my job search." gianna pushes herself from the chair, using chandler's leg as support. 

"still no luck?" monica asks and gianna shakes her head. 

"no! i'm completely qualified in certain areas but no one is looking to hire." she replies, placing her bag over her shoulder. 

"where are you going to try?" rachel questions and gianna shrugs, pulling a lipstick from her purse. 

"i'm going to try the aquarium, see if they are willing to at least put me in gift shop." gianna laughs but shakes her head. "but i'm not really sure." there was a pause. 

"hey gigi, why don't you sing?" joey asks and gianna glares up at him. "what?" 

"i told you not to say anything." she hisses through gritted teeth. 

"you sing?!" phoebe exclaims. gianna looks around to see everyone looking up at her excitedly. 

"no." she replies. "well i used to, in high school. but i gave that up." gianna explains and phoebe's shoulders sink. 

"look gigi, if you can't find any work maybe you should try something else." joey tries to reason. 

"no joey, i told you that i'm not going to sing again." she argues. "not for money at least." 

"well could you at least sing for once one time?" rachel asks, standing from her seat. 

"maybe. look i've got to go, i'll see you guys later." gianna hurries from the coffee house, leaving everyone to turn to joey. 

"what?" joey asks, running a hand through his hair. 

"oh why won't she sing joey!" monica asks. 

"ohhh, i'm not supposed to say." everyone looks down defeated. "but if she does choose to, it's a big thing for her. she has a beautiful voice by the way." joey explains and the others nod before going about their day. 

*

gianna graced the town. her heeled boots clipping the pavement as she walked out of yet another interview. despite her complete qualifications, no one wanted to hire her. the aquarium, every zoo in a 50 mile radius, every vet hospital and even the museum. she couldn't find work anywhere.