the one with the candy hearts

third person pov

"you can not do this." monica stammers to phoebe as they enter central perk. gianna stands from her seat at the counter and wanders over with rachel. 

"do what, do what?" rachel questions. 

"roger wants to take her out tomorrow night!" monica exclaims and gianna shakes her head. 

"no! pheebs! don't you remember why you dumped the guy?" gianna argues, sitting on the arm of the couch. 

"cause he was creepy, and mean, a little frightening...alright, still, it's nice to have a date on valentine's day!" phoebe adds, sitting down in the arm chair. 

"but phoebe, you can go out with a creepy guy any night of the year. i know i do." monica sighs, leaning against the couch. gianna laughs and looks over at everyone. when she makes eye contact with rachel, there is a subtle smirk on the girl's lips as she points towards the window seats. confused, gianna glances over her shoulder to see a very attractive man looking at her. a blush creeps to her lips before she turns back to rachel. 

"oh my god." gianna mouths to rachel and she nods wildly. 

"go on then." rachel smirks, waving gianna away but gianna stays put, keeping herself seated. "why not?" 

"you know why not." gianna mutters under her breathe before turning her attention back to everyone. "anyway, what are you guys doing tomorrow night?" 

"actually, tomorrow night kinda depends on how tonight goes." joey replies, a smirk on his lips. 

"oh, uh, listen about tonight..." chandler begins and gianna looks down at him confused. 

"no, no, no don't you dare bail on me. the only reason she's going out with me is because i said i could bring a friend for her friend." joey argues and chandler shakes his head. 

"yes, i know, but her friend sounds like such a..."

"pathetic mess? i know, but - come on man, she's needy, she's vulnerable. i'm thinking, cha-ching!" joey smirks and rachel throws a roll at him. which he then picks up and begins to eat. "thanks. look, you have no been out with a woman since janice. you're doin this." joey states and chandler nods reluctantly. gianna felt a pang in her heart when she finds out chandler has a date. she glances up at rachel and she flicks her head towards the man at the window. "got any plans gigi?" gianna looks over her shoulder at the man again before turning around with a smile. 

"we're about to find out." she mutters before standing and heading over to him. 

"hi." ross smiles, before turning to the boys as gianna approaches the man. "she said yes." 

"yes! way to go, man!" chandler exclaims, pulling ross in for a hug. there is a crunch in his pocket shirt. "still got the egg, huh?" ross nods slowly as they pull apart. whilst everyone was laughing, gianna returns and stands shoulder-to-shoulder with rachel until she notices. 

"oh, so?!" 

"she got a date." gianna smiles, showing rachel the napkin. 

"oh, this is exciting!" rachel exclaims and everyone turns to look at them. 

"what's going on?" ross asks, standing next to chandler. 

"gianna got a date for valentine's day!" rachel smiles, elbowing gianna slightly. everyone expresses their excitement until gianna glances at chandler. both had an overwhelming sense of jealousy, fear and betrayal - although neither of them would admit it. 

*

"how do i look?" joey asks, glancing at his own reflection on a knife.